Senior Financial Analyst
- Tokyo, Japan
At Amazon, we are continuously working to be the world's most customer-centric company. We need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. If you would like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are currently looking for a highly analytical and forward-thinking Senior Financial Analyst to support our Prime team in Japan. "Finance" at Amazon is similar to 経営企画室・経営戦略本部 at Japanese companies, owning a wide variety of planning and analysis activities.
This role will support the Prime organization with financial planning, reporting and ad hoc analyses to help further the success of our Prime programs. You will work closely with business partners and get exposure to senior leaders, and become a subject matter expert. The position requires efficient collaboration across a variety of teams at Amazon both within Japan and with the global finance teams in Seattle. This role is based in Tokyo, and international travel may be required.
The responsibilities of this position are:
• Report timely KPIs for Prime, such as key acquisition and retention KPIs
• Identify trends, generate actionable insights and provide gap analyses to goals
• Drive the financial planning process
• Support marketing and Prime investment decisions with in-depth analyses
• Partner with the operating teams and design and execute tests to improve ROI
• Coordinate and align with central and local Prime Teams.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request for support, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/jp//.
• Bachelor or Master degree in Finance or related field
• 4-6 years' experience in a similar role
• Advanced Excel user
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Passion for generating insights from large amounts of data
• Excellent problem-solving skills and curiosity to learn
• Bias for action and ability to engage with business partners and drive actions
• Results driven, striving for excellence and want to be part of a great team
• Fluent verbal and written communication skills in Japanese
• Experience doing Finance for an online retailer
• SQL experience
Back to top