Senior Financial Analyst
- London, United Kingdom
The IMDb TV team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to build earth's most customer centric ad supported premium free video service and make it trivially easy for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy. To support this fast growing business, we are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to support the IMDb TV business in the UK.
The successful candidate will be an experienced finance professional excelling at understanding business inputs and making decisions in ambiguous situations. They will have a track record of innovation, relentlessly high standards, and the ability to work across multiple stakeholders. They will thrive in diving deep to analyze complex business problems, designing and implementing financial processes/best practices for a new business, and providing actionable insights to support the growth of IMDb TV in the UK.
This individual will partner directly with the IMDb TV UK business team to establish processes to support financial planning, monthly/quarterly reporting, vendor payments, and ad-hoc analyses to drive growth. The ideal candidate should be comfortable using analytical tools to extract and forecast performance metrics, have the ability to manage tight deadlines, and achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Ownership of annual/quarterly financial planning and budgeting processes for IMDb TV UK.
- Provide weekly/monthly financial reporting on the performance of the business to assist in the creation of Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews (WBR).
- Partner with Accounting and Finance counterparts in US to implement best practices across all areas of the business, including partner payments, content performance, monetization, etc...
- Perform ad-hoc Financial deep dives as necessary to highlight risks and opportunities for the business and communicate findings with IMDb TV Business and Finance leadership.
- Audit business/financial performance regularly and coordinate with other stakeholder teams including Accounting, IMDb TV WW leadership teams, Content & Programming team, etc...
- Participate in creation of long-term strategy and content review docs related to IMDb TV UK.
- Design new mechanisms to improve visibility into drivers of business performance.
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting, business, economics, engineering or related field
- 5+ years in finance roles with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
- OR master's degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in digital video, and/or entertainment industries
- MBA or advanced business degree preferred
- Familiarity with financial reporting and data extraction/aggregation software (Cognos/Oracle financial systems/SQL)
- Familiarity with analytical tools, statistics, and modeling methods
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
Back to top