Senior Financial Analyst
Are you looking for that next big Finance opportunity? Want to directly influence the future of some of the most successful products in cloud computing? Come join Amazon Web Services Finance! Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services officially began offering developer customers access to web services – now widely known as cloud computing – based on Amazon's own back-end technology platform.
AWS Finance seeks a world class Senior Financial Analyst to be a key member in its team supporting the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) business. Amazon EC2 is a web service that provides resizable compute capacity in the cloud. Amazon EC2 has become one of the fastest growing and most strategic suite of products in the AWS portfolio. Read more about the business at:
This position will work closely with finance management as well as key business partners across the AWS organization, including Product Managers, Engineers, Supply Chain, Capacity management and Data Center operations to drive thoughtful analysis and controllership in the EC2 businesses.
This position will work on the management of capital expenses for EC2, manage fleet capacity utilization, develop financial models for both short and long term business and financial goals, evaluate new business opportunities and drive business initiatives. Additional responsibilities include business and financial forecasting, weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting of fleet economics, and ad-hoc business analysis support. Responsibilities also include modeling improvements to help drive positive Free Cash Flow. This role requires a self-starter and independent individual with strong financial modeling abilities, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations. This role has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon and requires strong people skills.
- Participate in EC2 capital expenses and rack purchases planning
- Develop EC2 marginal cost models and related analyses in support of internal customers solving business cases
- Drive annual capital purchase planning and forecasting
- Develop EC2 weekly capital forecast and complete risk & opportunity analysis
- Develop plans and operational strategies for optimizing fleet utilization
- Build complex financial models and analytical tools to measure overall financial performance including utilization and retirements of computing capacity
- Understand hardware generational changes and general business economics to develop financial models
- Develop and improve financial reports
- Drive ad-hoc business support projects
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- BA/BS degree required
- MBA or equivalent degree preferred.
- Financial modeling, P&L management and/or analysis experience
- Ability to understand multiple business dimensions and draw inferences by connecting various inputs.
- Strong business partner experience; experienced in working with multiple stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- Track record of managing deliverables from multiple parties to meet challenging deadlines
- The ability to self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment with competing deadlines
- Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to work with a high degree of autonomy
- Experience with cube engine tools (e.g. TM1, Cognos or Essbase), SQL and Data warehouse
- Experience in a technology company or high-tech environment
- Customer focus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top