Senior Financial Analyst
Do you want to be part of the team supporting a strategic initiative under the Worldwide Transportation Technology and Product group? Looking for a chance to support business partners innovating new products for last mile cost and scalability breakthroughs, but also get a flavor of operations and transportation? We are seeking a very solid, self-starting Senior Finance Analyst to partner with business teams who are building this new business from scratch. This role is more than finance: it requires ability to invent, go beyond the standard business rules to "experiment" and "conceive" - together with the business partners - financial sustainable solution.
The successful candidate will have a history of delivering high quality financial controllership, ability to model new and ambiguous businesses, and work in a constantly changing environment. You are analytical and creative, and you don't quit. We are seeking an individual who is motivated by a fast-paced and highly entrepreneurial environment. This is a perfect position for someone who knows how to work fast and smart. This person will work on multiple tasks, helping his/her business partners understand financial decisions and as the trusted business advisor. You already know how to make sense between which details that make all the difference, and those that don't add value. You know the difference between investing wisely, and money wasted.
As a member of a growing team, you will deal with a high level of ambiguity and changing priorities. The successful candidate will maneuver through the ambiguity, communicate effectively across teams and levels, while balancing the needs and requirements of internal and external customers. Flexibility and the ability to prioritize in a changing business environment will also be key.
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
- 3+ years' relevant experience in positions that require analysis, reporting financial results, forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results
- 2+ years' experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
- 2+ years' experience with Excel advanced functions (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups)
- General understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Ability to write SQL in order to tap into Amazon's vast data warehouse, to answer business questions on the fly
- A great deal of personal initiative, creativity, decisiveness and team spirit
- MBA preferred
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top