Senior Financial Analyst
Cloud computing is the kind of major shift in information technology that only comes around once a decade. If you want to be part of history, this is your opportunity. Amazon Web Services is a high-growth, fast-moving group within Amazon with a start-up mentality where new and diverse challenges arise every day, but a group that operates with the full backing of one of the world's most successful web companies.
AWS Finance seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to support AWS Marketplace and Service Catalog. This position will work closely with key business partners across AWS and other Amazon organizations to drive thoughtful planning, analysis, decision support, and controllership for future investment.
- Build out and enhance P&L models for new and existing services, develop business insights and KPI dashboards, and lead ad hoc analyses.
- Create, maintain and improve profitability and management reporting.
- Drive the financial planning / budgeting process.
- Analyze new business ideas, make analytical judgments, and provide data intensive analyses to drive meaningful change.
- Build and enhance financial models used to forecast and report the company's revenue and other key business metrics.
- Compile and review financial results and operational plans and communicate results to company leaders.
- Lead key analytical projects that assist and influence the business.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias.
- 5+ years relevant experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results.
- MBA preferred.
- Required proficiency in Excel (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups).
- Demonstrated financial acumen and/or analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of results.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment.
- Strong financial modeling.
- Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Capable of investigating, familiarizing and mastering new data sets quickly.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top