Senior Financial Analyst
Amazon seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Financial Planning & Analysis group to support the BizDev Financial Planning and Analysis Team. Our team interacts daily with global finance leaders within WW Advertising, WW Digital Video, WW Digital Music and CloudDrive. The successful candidate will manage worldwide Headcount and OPEX planning for Business Development by designing new and enhance existing processes and reporting. She/he will manage the reporting functions during the various planning and reporting phases in finance.
The successful candidate will have the ability to tackle multiple projects and efficiently execute deliverables. The right individual will have strong communication skills and solid business acumen capable of driving results and improving processes.
The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve and prioritize.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manage the worldwide Headcount and OPEX process for Business Development
- Create monthly dashboards and drive process improvements for accurate reporting
- Interact with Finance, Business and Operational stakeholders at multiple levels
- Develop and report accurate, actionable, and timely financial and business metrics for monthly, quarterly and annual reviews
- Develop forecasting models for planning of Corporate Development Headcount and OPEX
- Reconciliation and variance analysis of forecast vs. actual results
- Develop ad hoc business analysis and present recommendations to department leaders
- Ability to work on multiple projects with aggressive deadlines
- 5+ years of finance, accounting or other related analytical experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business or related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Excel and dealing with large amounts of data.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Project, Visio, and SharePoint
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
- Proven ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- · MBA or advanced business degree preferred
- · Knowledge of multiple financial reporting and data mining tools (Cognos, Oracle, SQL, Business Intelligence reporting tool)
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top