Senior Financial Accountant
- Cork, Ireland
Are you looking for your next big Finance role? If you want to be part of history, this is your opportunity to work with one of the world's most successful companies. Amazon Web Services ("AWS") is a key part of the Amazon group and is a high-growth, fast-moving business, where new and diverse opportunities arise every day. To meet the growing demand for AWS Services in EMEA, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people to join our team in Cork. We are currently recruiting a Senior Financial Accountant to join the AWS EMEA Accounting team. This individual will be an experienced accounting professional, who consistently exceeds expectations, thrives in a challenging workplace environment and will take ownership of monthly, quarterly and annual close processes for both group and statutory reporting purposes.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We focus on developing our people to help them succeed in their role and grow their career.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ownership of AWS EMEA Corporate Accounting close processes in multiple legal entities. This will include the preparation and review of journals, analytical review of monthly results and account reconciliations;
• Identifying and driving process improvements and automation initiatives to reduce manual effort and drive toward Global standardization;
• Managing projects entailing the on-boarding of new entities, new business offerings and activities, ensuring that processes and controls are in place prior to launch;
• Demonstrating strong technical accounting acumen to be able to conclude on accounting treatment of new product launches, projects and complex transactions;
• Business partnering with key stakeholders including Tax, FP&A, AWS Expansion teams;
• Representing EMEA Accounting on significant cross functional projects;
• Developing in depth knowledge of the AWS business and products to facilitate preparation of analytical review for internal and external reporting;
• Participating in preparation and review of the more complex statutory financial statements;
• Being a strong team player, who can operate globally, cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization, taking ownership and demonstrating self-initiative.
• Minimum 6+ years of experience with an emphasis on accounting, preferably gained within a Big Four firm and / or a multinational organization;
• Excellent communication skills with fluent English;
• Proficient Microsoft Excel user.
• University degree in Accounting or Finance;
• ACCA, ACA, CPA or CIMA qualification;
• Experienced ERP user;
• Working experience with US GAAP / IFRS.
Back to top