At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
The Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) Finance team is seeking a Sr. Finance Manager to support the Inventory Placement team. This is a global team of operations research scientists, economists, machine learning specialists, software developers, and product managers who lead the industry in the development of innovative algorithms and optimization strategies to maximize long term profitability of Amazon's Supply Chain. Amazon operates the most complex supply chain in the world, delivering billions of packages to hundreds of millions of homes and businesses annually.
This is a perfect position for someone who knows how to lead others, work fast, and smart. Your experience has taught you how to avoid sticky predicaments, and you are good about avoiding the mess, sooner rather than later. You know which details make all the difference, and which ones don't add value. You know the difference between spending time wisely and wasting time.
• Proven ability to develop strategic relationships with your business partners you influence the decisions. You can root cause issues quickly and uncover core issues using data, then assist, consult with, and teach the business how decisions affect costs and create new mechanisms as they are needed
• Identify and develop key business opportunities and drive efficiency while balancing customer promise
• Manage others, develop exceptional talent, and encourage your team to challenge assumptions
• Communicating financial and business results to senior business leaders
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 12 years of finance experience, OR master's degree and 8 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Highly analytical and detail oriented
• Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
• Experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis
• Previous experience with Supply Chain or Logistics processes and systems a plus
• Proficiency in analysis tools including Microsoft Excel, Tableau, and SQL
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.