Senior Finance Manager - DEX Speed
- Seattle, WA
For millions of customers worldwide, the Amazon name is synonymous with delivery - and the Delivery Experience (DEX) team provides those customers with innovative ways to get what they want and need, enabling the choices they make on every order, every day. We combine customer impact with retail invention, solving huge technical challenges along the way.
DEX defines, builds, launches and manages customer-facing delivery programs and features across all of Amazon. We own systems that power retail delivery (both customer-facing and back-end), leveraging company-wide technology solutions or designing them from the ground up. Together, DEX is changing how customers experience delivery - from the speed, convenience, and selection features they see on the site every day, to launching Prime delivery benefits and other new programs to customers around the world.
The selected Sr. Finance Manager will be leading Speed finance team that will be in charge of executing the launch and expansion of a new delivery program worldwide. Additionally, she/he will partner with the fast growing Machine Learning, Economist and other science teams to evaluate new initiatives, allowing customers, especially Prime members, to benefit from fast speeds across a broad subset of Amazon's total selection.
The successful candidate will work closely with leadership to provide strategic guidance and decision support in a fast pace environment. This individual must have solid financial knowledge and business acumen while thinking strategically and dealing with ambiguity.
If you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment with a strong focus on project management supporting a core pillar of Amazon's growth, this role is for you.
• Building, improving, and maintaining financial models to evaluate delivery programs and shipping options
• Building and developing a talented team of Finance Manager and analysts
• Leading cost / benefit analyses and communicate key drivers / inputs to support business decisions.
• Facilitating financial review meetings with business groups and work with business to ensure effective finance and cost management
• Creating, improving, and maintaining financial metrics, reports and scorecards
• Communicating financial and business results including variance analyses to senior business leaders
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 10 years of finance experience, OR master's degree and 8 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Managerial experience with increasing responsibilities
• Highly analytical and detail oriented
• Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
• Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
• Proficiency in analysis tools including Microsoft Excel and SQL
• MBA Preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top