Finance is all about the numbers...unless you work at Amazon; it's knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm and energy help us deliver new ideas, and solutions.
The North American Customer Fulfillment (NACF) Finance team is seeking a Senior Manager for the Amazon Robotics Network. This person will be a key member of the NACF Finance leadership team and will have management responsibility of a portion of the East Coast. The leader in this space will drive a number of strategic initiatives across this space. This leader will be able to influence across a variety of leaders including both finance and business partner leaders. Additionally, we are seeking a leader who can manage a variety of tasks in parallel, effectively lead a team of people and identify strategic opportunities for contribution.
This is a perfect position for someone who knows how to lead others, work fast, and smart. Your experience has taught you how to avoid sticky predicaments, and you are good about avoiding the mess, sooner rather than later. You know which details make all the difference, and which ones don't add value. You know the difference between spending time wisely and wasting time.
Job Responsibilities include:
Ability to manage or lead others and further develop exceptional talent
Expertise collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful reports to lead business improvement and cost reductions
Root cause analysis and uncovering core issues using data, then assisting the FC improve and create new measures for site productivity
Recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability
Manage the development of all weekly and monthly financial close, all planning, forecasting, and reporting models and their continuous innovation and communicating to your Operations partners
Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely
* Proven ability to manage a team with competing priorities & providing level-headed guidance during unexpected events
• BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
• 10+ years experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results
• 3+ years of experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
• 5+ years of hiring, leading and developing teams
• MBA and/ or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) + relevant experience
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying excellent business judgment.
• Ability to work successfully in an ambiguous environment including an ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and drive projects to completion.
• The role should be located at an Amazon Robotics building on the East Coast (ATL2, CLT4, BWI2, CLE2, CMH1, EWR4, JFK8, BWI2, MEM4, RDU1, MCO1, JAX2)
• Ability to travel; 25%+ travel expected, primarily to local operations, in addition to regional support
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.