Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and, when the box arrived, you wondered how it got to you so fast? Have you wondered where it came from and how much it costs Amazon to deliver it to you?
Amazon Logistics (AMZL) is Amazon's "Last Mile" delivery service, responsible for delivering packages to customers across the world. The AMZL network is undergoing quick growth and change on a global scale. Our teams are changing the way we interact with customers every single day and solving some of the biggest logistical issues facing not just Amazon, but the entire industry. Developing a world-class Last Mile operation, AMZL is building a portfolio of real estate, vehicles, and technology to deliver packages on time and tailored to our ever-changing customer expectations. AMZL Finance teams partner closely with global cross-functional business and tech teams to support this rapidly expanding business; promoting controllership, innovation, productivity, and cost-effective operations across the network.
Our business is delivering smiles to our customers by ensuring on-time deliveries with the highest quality in a safe environment where people like to come to work every day.
We are looking for a Senior Finance Manager that is excited to join a growing tech company that is continually improving and reimagining the logistics industry. Our candidate should be excited about solving big and complex problems using data, even when the answer or the problem is ambiguous. You should be eager to continuously learn and improve your skills.
As part of AMZL Finance, you will support and develop careers as you and your team influence the AMZL organization. As trusted business advisors we collaborate with our partners to ensure operational and strategic choices are being made with the most up to date and reliable information. We work across a broad and diverse scope of stakeholders to ensure AMZL is making the best possible choices.
• Hiring and Supervising hard-working teams. Motivating and developing a team to develop talent and grow internal progression
• Supporting internal customer groups in all finance matters including budgeting, forecasting, business cases and cost control.
• Identifying business risks and opportunities; creating mechanisms and reporting to improve our performance
• Communicating data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjust style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly. Your communications aspire critical business decisions.
• Owning projects and innovation. Developing business cases for new ideas, continuous improvement and standardization of processes. Including implementation of best practices and automation initiatives, collaborating with technology teams
• Autonomy to innovate and deliver new approaches that impact the bottom and the top line
• Grow and collaborate across an extensive network outside of AMZL in a fast-pace environment
• Being surrounded by inspiring and diverse talent across many different sectors
• Learn from people and cooperate with a wide variety of professional backgrounds
• Ability to develop new skills and opportunities through lateral, geographical or functional moves
• Degree with relevant work experience including Finance
• Experience and applied knowledge of Accounting and/or Financial concepts
• Team management and leadership experience
• Knowledge and experience of working with large and complex data sets
• Ownership of metrics and data to inform and influence short and long term business change.
• Experience in owning complex projects with multiple stakeholders