Senior Finance Manager, Amazon Transportation
- Winder, GA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Operations is at the heart of what we do, delivering millions of packages each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world. Amazon is seeking a Senior Finance Manager to help lead and oversee critical functions for Amazon Sort Centers - our rapidly expanding middle mile package operation, purpose-built to achieve and exceed the delivery quality and speed demands of Amazon customers.
Amazon's Sort Center network is growing fast and this is a perfect position for someone who knows how to work fast and smart.
Amazon's Sort Centers are the backbone of the middle mile, enabling 1-day delivery for Prime members and delivery of millions of packages seven days a week. At Sort Centers, we are focused on improving delivery quality and speed while enabling flexibility and cost savings in the transportation network. Sort Centers will continue to expand in automation, scale, and complexity in the years and finance is a critical part of that expansion. This is an exciting opportunity for a finance professional to partner cross-functionally, ensuring informed decision making, innovation and sustainability in processes for a growing network.
A Senior Finance Manager for Sort Centers will be the finance leader for disruptive new technology initiatives, with a focus on business partnering, strategic decision support, financial controllership and cost reduction. This person will partner with the fast growing technology and performance teams to provide timely analysis, insightful guidance, and financial leadership to this high-growth organization. This role requires extensive cross-functional partnership with various transportation and finance teams to identify best practices across the network and lead cost improvement efforts.
If you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment with a strong focus on project management supporting a core pillar of Amazon's growth, this role is for you.
• Develop all planning, forecasting, and reporting models while partnering on continuous innovation and communication to both your operations and other business partners
• Proven ability to develop strategic relationships with your business partners - you influence the decisions. You can root cause issues quickly and uncover core issues using data, then assist, consult with, and teach the business how decisions affect costs in their sites and create new mechanisms as they are needed
• Identify and develop key business opportunities and drive efficiency while balancing customer promise
• Manage others, develop exceptional talent, and encourage your team to challenge assumptions
• Communicating financial and business results to senior business leaders
• 10% Travel
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 12 years of finance experience, OR master's degree and 8 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Highly analytical and detail oriented
• Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
• Experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis
• Previous experience with Manufacturing, Distribution Center or Logistics processes and systems a plus
• Proficiency in analysis tools including Microsoft Excel, Tableau, and SQL
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top