Senior Finance Business Partner
- Seattle, WA
Amazon seeks a Senior Financial Analyst in CN Global Selling Finance team. The successful candidate will primarily work closely with Amazon Global Selling business leaders where they can demonstrate their strong judgment, requirement in understanding fast-paced business growth and ability to influence. This role requires a self-starter with solid analytical and modeling skills, a keen attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively. This role also has regular interaction with cross function teams therefore it requires strong interpersonal and communication skills. The right individual will have strong ownership, and the capability to conduct financial planning and analysis, financial reporting, and convey recommendation crisply. Equally important, the individual can demonstrate decent influence power guiding team to locate the business issues or opportunities with data based analysis. This role doesn't lead a team but work with local and international peer group/service providers. The role reports to one of senior finance leaders in the business.
• Partner business functions to plan and analyze key performance indicators, prepare monthly and quarterly financial reporting, analyze financial results and variances, assessing business performance and risks, and communicating key messages to business team.
• Progressively prepare regional consolidated financial reporting and financial comments to support key senior management team reviews.
• Plan, analyze, standardize, and automate in-business HC and OpEx reporting
• Conduct business and resource productivity analysis
• Other tasks or ad-hoc work as requested by the manager and business partners.
• Bachelor or Master degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field
• Minimum 10 years working experience in finance roles which should include at least 6 years experience of business finance partners roles with progressively increasing levels of responsibility and complexity
• Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
• Be comfortable with large volumes of complex data and presenting findings to senior management
• Demonstrated ability of working independently and self-motivation in a fast paced and rapidly-changing environment
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
• Comfortable in a fast paced and ambiguous business environment
• Be master in standard financial software and systems, including Excel, Oracle Financials, and COGNOS. Experience with SQL is a strong plus. Candidates who do not have experience with SQL should have a demonstrated desire and aptitude to learn it.
• MBA/Master degree, CPA or CMA is preferred
• Working experience in MNC is preferred
• An eye towards continuous process improvement, including the ability to innovate and to simplify both finance and operational processes
• Demonstrated ability to influence decisions through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning and the presentation of alternatives
• Advanced Excel skills
• Knowledge of SQL
Back to top