Who we are:
Amazon Logistics (AMZL) is Amazon's "Last Mile" delivery service, responsible for delivering packages (and smiles) to households/businesses across the planet. Our finance team closely partners to support this rapidly expanding business while building a portfolio of delivery stations, vans, and technology to deliver customers' packages on time - often next day, sometimes faster. We augment our traditional "deliver by van" with other models including Amazon Flex (gig economy drivers), Amazon Lockers, and more - all designed to deliver smiles to our customers. You will make history as you contribute to build one of the largest carriers on the planet.
AMZL Finance seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to partner with Last Mile Delivery Service Partner Products teams focused on delivering new products to enhance the experience and productivity of DSPs and Drivers globally. AMZL offers opportunities to grow your career as you engage on one of the many facets of this high-quality delivery service. From here, you will have the opportunity to rotate to other functional areas or roles across Amazon's portfolio of businesses.
As a Finance Business Partner, you will provide financial analysis for strategic projects or initiatives to influence decision-making on these initiatives. This role works closely with finance and business leaders, product managers, program managers, and finance counterparts across the Last Mile org.
Success in this role:
The successful candidate has demonstrated the following abilities: they influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly-evolving environment. They collaborate with executives and various business units across Amazon. You bring excellent verbal and written communication skills. A typical day in this role provides an opportunity to innovate by building creative solutions with large-scale data mining tools, identifying the high-priority work and projects that maximize results for key stakeholders, and solving complex problems that effect company-wide strategic decisions.
• Oversee financial reporting for your business area. Understand input drivers and validate integrity of the reporting to influence strategic decision-making and planning. Use data to identify innovative ideas and provide advice to business leaders across the globe.
• With Controllership as the top priority, you identify, resolve, or provide guidance to resolve complex data integrity issues. You improve controls to address financial risk and support frugality.
• Educate business partners on financial and non-financial trade-offs. You make reflective judgement calls in ambiguous environments where there data may be scarce or difficult to procure.
• Use active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjust style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly. Your communications results in critical business decisions.
• Identify and sponsor Finance-wide professional development and engagement initiatives that plan for the future and strengthen the global Finance community, such as inclusion and diversity initiatives..
• BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
• Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and senior levels of management
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For people with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.