The Finance Operations Business Partnership team is seeking a Senior Finance Analyst who will be a key member of the Worldwide Retail BP team. This individual will be responsible for driving worldwide Retail procure-to-pay and order-to-cash performance. In this role, you will responsible for developing and maintaining operational and business metrics and targets, driving global operational reviews, as well as owning improvements to achieve targets. As a business partner, you will work daily alongside Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Service Centers, Vendor Managers, Retail Finance, Vendors, and other operational groups at all levels in a global environment. Complex problem solving and financial analysis skills are required to manage multiple high visibility priorities in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations.
• Define key performance indicators develop operational and business metrics and service level agreements for programs and processes, and track delivery against global objectives.
• Consolidate inputs, and challenge assumptions, on performance drivers and projections from stakeholders
• Develop and maintain effective partnership between Finance Operations, Service Centers and Retail.
• Identify and drive opportunities for improved cash flow, margin or productivity improvements related to vendor payments and receivables.
• Solve critical vendor, process and system escalations effectively to ensure root cause analysis and effective problem resolution.
• Identify and quantify financial and operational risks and opportunities
• BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
• 5+ years of experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to present to leadership
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated in a fast-paced, often ambiguous, and rapidly changing environment
• Financial modeling and data analytics skills, including Excel, Tableau, SQL Server, and other analysis tools
• Ability to work across global time zones and occasional international travel required
• MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) plus relevant experience
• 5+ years experience in process improvement and operational excellence
• Experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, and other financial operations functions
• Advanced understanding of SQL and ETL tools with ability to work with large datasets
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.