Senior Finance Analyst
- San Francisco, CA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Operations is at the heart of what we do, delivering hundreds of thousands of packages each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world. Amazon is seeking a Senior Finance Analyst to own critical functions within this rapidly growing organization.
A Senior Finance Analyst for Amazon Shipping will work on disruptive new transportation initiatives, with a focus on business partnering, strategic decision support, financial controllership and cost reduction and provide timely analysis and insightful guidance to this high-growth organization. The Senior Finance Analyst will also own long term strategic planning, annual planning, variance analysis for monthly/quarterly business reviews, and ad-hoc projects and analysis as needed.
• Identify and develop key business opportunities and drive efficiency while balancing customer promise
• Develop & own all aspects of financial management for a new business startup including financial models (ROI analysis), accounting requirements, tax/legal requirements, pricing, and profitability analytics.
• Create meaningful analyses by collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data that lead to business improvements and cost reductions
• Partner across Operations and Retail to drive continuous improvement in financial and operational performance that maximize Amazon's long term free cash flow.
• Own the annual operational planning process and development of the three year strategic plan. Drive variance analysis against budgets for the network, identify risks and opportunities.
• Ensure timely and accurate metrics and forecasts are created and maintained.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics or similar degree
• Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
• Strong ability to work with business partners to deliver results, including the ability to persuade with data. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• An eye towards continuous process improvement, including the ability to innovate and simplify both finance and operational processes.
• Strong verbal and written communication and stakeholder management skills
• MBA preferred
Back to top