Do you want to directly influence the future of some of the most successful products in cloud computing? Come join Amazon Web Services Finance! Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services officially began offering developer customers access to web services now widely known as cloud computing based on Amazon's own back-end technology platform.
On the AWS Finance team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. To support this quickly growing business, you must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for analytics and accountability, setting high standards, and razor-sharp accuracy. We take working hard, having fun, and making history seriously and you should too!
We provide end-to-end financial support driving AWS to be the low cost provider in Cloud computing and leader in customer experience. This includes supporting business owners in building, operating and innovating our Cloud datacenters. We support operations, business development, and engineering. You should be passionate about producing financial analysis enabling management to make breakthrough decisions, drive cash flow, and ultimately delight our customers.
We are growing rapidly in existing regions as well as expanding into new regions. As a member of this team, you will work with regional AWS leadership to:
Serve as a key business partner working directly with regional AWS management and other internal stakeholders to provide financial recommendations
Report weekly and monthly financial and operating metrics
Manage the financial planning process. Model, analyze and forecast metrics that drive budgeting, forecasting and business decisions
Be an integral member in the monthly financial close process and perform ad-hoc projects and analysis as needed
Analyze business results for key takeaways to achieve business objectives
Monitor compliance with controls and systems, and developing new processes to support the fast-growing, global AWS business
* Preparing detailed financial models for business segments, drive business initiatives, and identify, implement, and deliver key operational efficiencies
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in business or finance field
• BA/BS + 5 years of relevant experience in finance field preferrably in operational finance
• Technical and financial knowledge, including understanding of internal control requirements and accounting principles
• Experience in financial modeling and reporting skills using Excel
• Experience with Oracle, Essbase, TM1 and similar tools
• Solid business judgment and controllership focus
• MBA degree
• SQL experience
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks at once and a work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
• Excellent attention to detail, strong problem solving skills, the ability to deal with ambiguity, and work successfully and effectively on cross-functional team
• Self-starter with strong analytical skills and decision-making capabilities
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, often cross-functionally
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.