Who we are:
Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and, when the box arrived, you wondered how it got to you so fast? Have you wondered where it came from and how much it costs Amazon to deliver it to you?
Amazon Logistics (AMZL) is Amazon's "Last Mile" delivery service, responsible for delivering packages to customers across the world. The AMZL network is undergoing quick growth and change on a global scale. Our teams are changing the way we interact with customers every single day and solving some of the biggest logistical issues facing not just Amazon, but the entire industry. Developing a world-class Last Mile operation, AMZL is building a portfolio of real estate, vehicles, and technology to deliver packages on time and tailored to our ever-changing customer expectations. AMZL Finance teams partner closely with global cross-functional business and tech teams to support this rapidly expanding business; promoting controllership, innovation, productivity, and cost-effective operations across the network.
Our business is delivering smiles to our customers by ensuring on-time deliveries with the highest quality in a safe environment where people like to come to work every day.
We are looking for Senior Financial Analyst that is excited to join a tech company and support Amazon retail business growth in Turkey. Our candidate should be passionate about using data to solve big, complex and ambiguous problems. The ideal candidate should be eager to continuously learn and improve their skills. You should be attentive to which details make all the difference. Do you want to contribute shaping the new standard of shopping? If so, come and join the AMZL Finance Team.
As part of the AMZL Finance team, you will join a team that is passionate about numbers, data, and how to use them to generate insights and improve our business. We support and influence the AMZL organization by providing the a holistic and financial perspective, we are the trusted business advisors. We collaborate with our partners to ensure leaders to have the most up to date and reliable information, and work with them to make sure AMZL is making the best possible decisions.
• Leverages Amazon Logistic metrics to identify cost out opportunities by linking up operations and financials
• Build trusted relationships with your business partners to influence and support tactical and strategic business decisions that lead to business improvements and cost reductions
• Owns the Financial and operational planning processes to produce a challenging/stretch/bold yet solid operational plan
• Owns all Month-end procedures including accruals and variance analysis between scenarios (Actuals, Plan, Forecast...)
• Proactively supports knowledge-sharing within the team and across your division, while looking to standardize processes across EU teams
• Autonomy to innovate and deliver new approaches that impact the bottom and the top line
• Grow and collaborate across an extensive network outside of AMZL in a fast-pace environment
• Being surrounded by inspiring and diverse talent across many different sectors
• Learn from people and cooperate with a wide variety of professional backgrounds
• Ability to develop new skills and opportunities through lateral, geographical or functional moves
• Degree and work experience in finance
• Ability to effectively communicate in English
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• MS Office
• Access, SQL (or willingness to learn)
• Knowledge and experience of working with large and complex data sets
• Understand, own and explain key drivers behind the story
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills and an ability to provide creative simple solutions to complex problems
• Prioritize and work towards multiple deadlines