Senior Finance Analyst
- Seattle, WA
The Senior Finance Analyst role will provide analytical support for key strategic decisions, establish financial planning and reporting processes, and will provide ongoing finance support to the operational teams. They will work closely with central Accounting, Business Intelligence, and FP&A teams to build and scale the infrastructure needed to support the operations side of the business. This role will own the business' long-term financial model for our operational cost lines: maintaining a clear picture of the economics over time and building mechanisms to surface learnings and integrate them into ongoing decision making.
This role provides a chance to gain experience across many core Amazon finance functions- from controllership and process management to analytics and business stakeholder partnership. A successful candidate will have the ability to manage small details while contributing high-level strategic thinking. They will have a track record of success across a number of past finance roles and performing in a fast paced environment with a high degree of ambiguity.
• Partner with business stakeholders to analyze and evaluate strategic business decisions. Recommend actions based on analytical findings
• Establish and lead reporting processes, including annual planning, metrics reporting, and business financial reviews
• Own and contribute to operations-focused investment appraisals.
• Identify operational trends and generate insights on business results and key drivers
• Develop controllership mechanisms to evaluate accuracy of financial results
• Maintain long-term financial model of the operations side of the business, regularly updating to reflect new learnings and integrate insights into ongoing business decisions
• 5+ years of relevant finance experience
• BA/BS degree required
• Advanced Excel & business modelling skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion
• Strong financial modelling & analytical skills; Superior attention to detail
• Persuasive oral/written communication skills
• MBA from highly rated business school
• Prior P&L Management or FP&A experience
• Experience developing and presenting analyses and insights to senior management
• Strong track record managing teams in fast paced environments
• Proficiency in financial software and systems including Excel, COGNOS or comparable forecast aggregation software. Knowledge of internal Amazon tools (CP, Fortune, etc) is a plus.
• Knowledge of SQL, database, and data mining is desirable
Back to top