Senior Finance Analyst
- London, United Kingdom
Amazon is seeking a Finance business partner to join the UK & IRE Logistics Finance Team. A very high profile and busy role which will allow the successful candidate support on driving the future of Amazon's world-class operations network.
The candidate will work closely with a diverse range of stakeholders, including operations, technology, and international finance teams. The person in this role will have the ability to take initiative and produce results. They will also need to help shape the financial controls across all areas of the business. The role will involve business partnering, ad-hoc analysis and special projects requiring a high attention to detail to build models to support decision-making.
The growth of the business and the increasing complexity from new launches and services makes this role an exciting, interesting, and rewarding proposition. Expect to get involved in supporting new projects and initiatives, improving performance, and building plans for the future. You will also be involved in managing regular reporting, forecasting, and general planning. The role is very broad and requires someone who is sensitive to (and understands) the diverse perspectives of stakeholder and works with them to deliver results.
• Finance controllership of the business unit area you will be supporting and continuous development of efficient reporting tools to support decision-making and improve current processes.
• Providing analytical support such as the evaluation of business proposals, and driving ad-hoc cross-functional projects across the UK, EU and world-wide.
• Analysing and explaining current and historic performance, providing effective commercial insight to ensure key operational, commercial and financial targets are achieved or beaten.
• Producing consistent accuracy in predicting performance, while also innovating and improve the forecasting and planning processes.
• A solid academic background
• An Accountancy qualification is preferred, an MBA may be considered
• Robust analytical & modelling skills required.
• Advanced Excel essential
• The ability to simplify and improve inefficient or unnecessarily complex processes.
• The ability to prioritize and work to tight deadlines.
• The ability to build positive business relationships and work collaboratively.
• An eye for detail and a passion for data
• Prior knowledge of SQL/ETL would be beneficial, a willingness to learn this essential
• Finance experience from Operational, Retail, FMCG or technology companies within an international environment.
Back to top