Senior Engagement Manager - Telco
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
Can you help our Telco customers and partners to modernize their OSS/BSS, IT Stacks, or develop new applications for 5G, SDN or NFV? Are you an experienced Program Director/Project Manager with experience of leading large scale technology transformations? Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects that use the newest cloud infrastructure and platform technologies? Would you like a career path that enables you to progress with the rapid adoption of cloud computing?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS) Professional Services, we're hiring a Senior Engagement Manager to lead AWS consultants, partner, and client teams. Engagement Managers, manage and deliver AWS cloud projects that enable our customers to realize their business objectives. These engagements focus on the full platform of AWS customer solutions to help our customers and partners remove constraints and accelerate their journey to AWS.
AWS Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective AWS customer experience, best practices, and obsessing about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product, service, and training teams, to deliver the right solutions and drive feature innovations for our customers. Engagement Managers help Customers make decisions to meet their technical and business objectives by providing best practices, proactively identifying and closing project gaps.
As Senior Engagement Manager you will lead complex transformational projects with autonomy and discretion, often involving multiple Amazon and customer teams.
• You will help our customers to define target business outcomes and related work streams, but also own and drive the subsequent projects end to end across several work streams to consistently exceed these goals.
• You will drive projects, starting with the customer required outcomes, then setting up an effective work framework for the combined AWS and customer team, driving the prioritization and planning, enforcing an effective governance structure, managing customer expectations and proactively handling risks, in order to deliver solutions tied to the customer business objectives.
• You will communicate in an effective way with AWS team members and stakeholders, as well as with customer counterparts including executive level.
• You will excel at maintaining customer relationship and will drive required negotiations during project delivery.
• You will create, apply and improve frameworks, methods, best practices and artifacts that deliver prescriptive guidance to customers, and publish and present them in public forums.
• You will identify industry specific use cases where AWS cloud can create real business benefits for our customers and work with our customer to realize those business benefits
• You will actively look for ways to improve process efficiencies and effectiveness without compromising on agility or creating process bottlenecks
• You will communicate with senior leadership (up to C-level) internally and externally with customers providing crisp status reports, risk assessments and opportunity updates
As an Amazonian leader you will demonstrate the Amazon Leadership Principles, coaching and mentoring others on best practices, performance and career development.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
• 15+ years experience leading the delivery of IT projects in a global enterprise environment.
• Experience as project/program manager, project lead, engagement manager or similar role
• Experience in delivering projects for key customers in the EMEA region in the Telco industry
• Demonstrate ability to communicate and present to senior leadership including C-level
• Understanding of the value proposition of the public cloud.
• Understanding of cloud technology principles and services including infrastructure, business applications, data management, security, application platforms and consumer facing technology.
• Experience leveraging formal project management methodologies on enterprise level engagements.
• Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC).
• Business Fluency in English and another European language (preferably Dutch, German or French).
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math. or an MBA
• At least one active project management certification (e.g. CSM, PMI-ACP, SAFe, PMP, PRINCE2, APM, etc.)
• Hands-on knowledge of the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3) demonstrated by relevant AWS certifications.
• Experience with Project Management (APM) toolsets (Jira, RallyDev, VersionOne, Taiga, etc.) and team collaboration tools (Confluence, etc.)
• FinancialForce Professional Services Automation (PSA) for Salesforce or similar PSA application
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• Experience in working with customer in the Telco industry
Explore all AWS Professional Services roles available, meet our team members and get prepared for your interviews via link: https://emea-resources.awscloud.com/aws-emea-careers-hubs/aws-professional-services
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Back to top