Senior Engagement Manager
- San Diego, CA
At Amazon Web Services (AWS) Professional Services, we're hiring Engagement Managers to lead internal AWS, external partner, and customer teams. Engagement Managers deliver AWS cloud products and services that enable our customers to realize their business outcomes. These professional services engagements focus on AWS solutions to help customers and partners remove constraints and accelerate their journey to AWS.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ABILITIES INCLUDE:
• Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training, and support teams to seek to understand our customers' needs, their business, how success is defined, and ensure that we are exceeding expectations in developing and delivering customer outcomes.
• Demonstrated hands on expertise in project management and agile best practices across large and complex engagements.
• Understanding of technology principles and services including infrastructure, business applications, data management, security, application platforms, and consumer-facing technology.
• Plan, organize, and manage all phases of a project lifecycle to ensure successful delivery. This includes developing and managing project governance plans, project schedules, team goals, project milestones, budgets and defining success criteria.
• Manages engagement goals and leads teams to achieve customers' business outcomes by managing issues, risks, decisions, dependencies, and action items.
• May work with stakeholders to amend the contractual scope, financials, and expected timeline
• Ability to take ownership, work under pressure, stay within budget and meet deadlines
• Hold internal and external teams accountable, redirect when needed, and manage customer expectations throughout the engagement.
• Works effectively in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
• Ensures AWS and Partner teams meet or exceed customer business objectives
• Lead individuals, teams or multiple groups to analyze project goals, create plans to achieve those goals, and then guiding AWS team members, customer stakeholders/SMEs, and potentially other third parties to achieve those goals while understanding the customer environment and addressing any limitations to execution.
• Actively works to streamline engagement delivery focusing on improving value to our customers.
• Ability to apply strategic thinking to create and execute a plan to achieve project goals tied to customer business outcomes.
• Ability to make decisions guided by policies, procedures, and business plans with limited guidance.
• Ability to apply business and financial acumen to achieve measurable business results for customer success.
• Excellent presentation, communication (oral & written), and relationship building skills, across all levels of management.
• Interfaces with various customers and internal AWS stakeholders which consists of senior leadership teams (C-level execs, SVP/VP, Directors) and project-level resources such as SMEs.
• Plans and oversees the preparation and distribution of project communications.
• Demonstrates the ability to understand the operating styles of others as well as team/client relationships, team dynamics, and adjusts behavior accordingly to succeed. Recognizes environmental or cultural nuances and adapts.
• Fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment.
• Proven success in working with dispersed teams and executive leadership in a complex customer environment.
• Team player who effectively integrates, motivates, and builds relationships with cross-functional team members (local or remote), sponsors, key stakeholders, executives, and other individuals or organizations involved with or affected by the project.
• Proven experience working in a matrixed environment, managing multiple stakeholders.
• Ability to influence, negotiate, resolve conflicts and achieve results through others who are not direct reports.
Inclusive Team Culture globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This is a customer-facing role. You will be required to travel to customer locations to deliver professional services when needed.
• 7+ years experience leading and delivering enterprise-level IT engagements
• 2+ years experience leading multiple Agile teams (e.g. Scrum Masters, Product Owners) concurrently and/or at scale
• 2+ years delivering customer engagements in a professional services role
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Experience with Agile and project management toolsets (e.g. Jira, Rally, VersionOne, Taiga)
• Has at least one active agile or project management certification
• Experience using Scaled Agile frameworks (e.g. SAFe, LeSS)
• Experience delivering cloud engagements
• Active cloud certifications
• Managed technical engagements consisting of 8 or more people totaling over $1,000,000 budget
• Has presented to C-level executives and/or senior leadership teams
• Masters degree preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top