Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earth's most customer centric company, and we are just getting started.
Come work at Amazon! We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in space-based systems design. Come help us solve the difficult and rewarding development challenges in building highly reliable, power efficient and low-cost satellite avionics!
We are looking for an outstanding engineer who combines superb technical and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. As a Senior Avionics Embedded Software Engineer you will focus on developing software to enable, integrate and operate the various sensing, compute and bus systems of the satellite system. You will have an opportunity to make a significant impact on the design, architecture and implementation of critical systems within Project Kuiper.
As a senior member of the team, you will be responsible for identifying top level requirements and participate in all phases of embedded software development, from concept and design to development and maintenance. You will work with other members of the Avionics team to support hardware bring-up and debug, and develop both prototype and production software. You must comfortable leading software and architecture design reviews, ensuring Amazon's high development standards are met and team best practices are followed.
You will be expected to work with a team of top-notch engineers and collaborate with multiple other spacecraft design and integration teams. You should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems that haven't been solved at scale before. Along the way, we guarantee that you will learn a lot, have fun and make a positive impact on tens of millions of people.
If this sounds like the role for you, come make history with us!
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering or related discipline, or 10 + years of equivalent experience in embedded SW development.
• 7+ years of embedded software development experience.
• 5+ years of work experience in Consumer Electronics, Robotics, Aerospace, Automotive, and/or Communications fields or combination thereof.
• M.S. or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
• Expert level knowledge of at least one modern language, such as Java, C++, Rust or C# including object-oriented design
• Experience contributing to the designs and architectures of new and existing software systems, including design patterns, reliability, test strategy and scaling.
• Experience as the technical lead, leading small groups of other engineers across multiple designs
• Experience with real time software development, including RTOS, bare metal embedded systems, and/or Linux kernel and device drivers
• Experience designing software for embedded Microcontrollers (ARM, PIC, etc.) in a production environment
• Demonstrated experience debugging/troubleshooting embedded systems, including real-time tools
• Experience working with FPGA or SOC based systems Experience with hardware-in-the-loop (HITL) testing and simulation
• Experience in development and test of bus systems (CAN, RS-422, RS-485, ethernet, 802.1AS, etc.)
• Software design/qualification experience in radiation environments
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us