Senior Embedded Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
Ring is looking for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to lead the design & development of embedded software for next-generation Ring solutions as well as for new features for existing Ring devices. Expertise in security technologies, wireless connectivity, and battery power management is highly desirable for this role.
• Design and develop robust and secure embedded software for Ring solutions.
• Lead and mentor a team of embedded software engineers.
• Work with cross functional teams to design solutions end-to-end.
• Work with upper management to prioritize products and features based on engineering complexity and customer impact.
• Collaborate with suppliers and contract manufacturers on product development activities.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
• 7+ years of experience in the consumer or industrial electronics industry as an embedded software engineer.
• 7+ years of experience in C programming.
• Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
• Proficiency in C++ programming.
• Experience in the entire product life cycle.
• Experience in leading an engineering team.
• Experience in writing firmware for manufacturing testing purposes.
• Experience in field service troubleshooting.
• Experience in reading electrical schematics.
• Experience with oscilloscopes and logic analyzers to debug low-level firmware / hardware.
• Experience in writing low-level drivers and interrupt service routines.
• Experience with standard internet protocols such as TCP/IP.
• Experience with standard wireless protocols such as WiFi, Z-Wave, ZigBee, and BLE.
• Experience with standard streaming protocols such as RTP and RTCP.
• Experience with standard audio and video protocols and formats.
• Experience with common wired bus protocols such as SPI, I2C, and UART.
• Experience with secure boot, secure protocols, and encryption.
• Experience with Git version control.
• Experience with project management software such as Jira.
• Experience in estimating and prioritizing features based on engineering complexity and customer impact.
• Experience working with cross-functional teams.
• Experience with battery powered devices.
• Experience with embedded Linux.
• Experience with ARM core-based microcontrollers.
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
Back to top