Senior Editor, Kindle Singles
Kindle is seeking a creative editorial leader with hands-on management experience in books and/or magazines to develop original short content offerings for Kindle. This editor will be responsible for developing and furthering the vision of Kindle Singles as a home for high-quality short content, and delivering a wide range of contacts in the industry who can help maintain the program's well-established commitment to quality. The editor of Kindle Singles is responsible for the end-to-end editorial product and reader experience, and must have deep experience creating, editing and publishing high-quality, high-impact editorial content that delights readers. The editor of Kindle Singles must bring strong external relationships in the publishing, literary and journalism worlds as he or she will work closely with authors and agents to develop new and innovative content. A successful candidate will also demonstrate leadership in working with multiple internal teams, as the position requires an effective champion for the program across Amazon's many businesses. This role is located in New York or Seattle.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably journalism or liberal arts degree)
- 7+ years experience as an editor, preferably leading a media business
- Demonstrated skill/experience in developing, editing and publishing high-quality nonfiction and fiction works
- Experience launching a new editorial product
- Experience leading innovative content initiatives
- Experience directly managing an editorial team
- Experience owning a P&L for a content business
- Management of multi-pronged, multi-team projects
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top