This role is for a PhD economist -- as part of a team of economists in Amazon Devices -- who will work on projects focusing around customer engagement, product development, and cross-device and service behavior. We are growing and looking for a bright, driven Economist to work with rich data, and develop economic models that drive the types of strategic decisions which define the future of the company.
The ideal candidate will be a thought leader in understanding the effect of customers' long-run engagement with Amazon on the value of products and services. They will create and develop econometric models, analytical frameworks, and real-world experiments that answer the most-pressing business questions.
The Amazon Devices economics team focuses on the application of econometric methods to build effective tools and systems for optimizing business decisions at scale. We work in close coordination with senior leaders and other analytics and scientists teams. It is an exciting, fast-paced, and challenging environment where you get to learn from other experienced economists and apply econometrics at massive scale.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- 4+ years experience in industry, consulting, or government
- PhD in Economics
- Fluent in R, Stata, Matlab, or other statistical program language
- Strong theoretical background in econometrics (e.g., forecasting, time series, panel data, program evaluation, and/or high dimensional problems), probability and statistics, economic theory, and quantitative methods
- Strong empirical research track record in applied macroeconomics, econometrics, finance, labor economics, public economics, industrial organization, or a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to research scientists, engineering teams and business audiences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced business environment
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, Java, C++, Ruby, and /or Big Data processing platforms such Hadoop, Map Reduce, Spark is a plus
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top