Senior DevOps Consultant
- Hyderabad, India
Professional Services is a unique organization. Our customers are most-advanced companies in the world. We build for them world-class, -native IT solutions to solve real business problems and we help them get business outcomes with . Our projects are often unique, one-of-a-kind endeavors that no one ever has done before.
As a Senior in our Global Competency Center in Warsaw, you will work with Customer teams, Partners and other organizations to design, develop and deliver reliable and scalable - based, business-critical applications solving real-world problems faced by our Customers. You will take advantage of the global scale, elasticity, automation and high-availability features of the platform. Your will build customer solutions with API Gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB, CloudWatch, ECS/EKS, Code Commit, and other services. You will work across a range of areas including web and mobile applications, applications, HPC, , Big Data and Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning and engage with technical, IT and leadership teams of our Customers.
You will help our clients implement culture in their organization to optimize software development processes and accelerate adoption of the . You will collaborate across a range of technical areas, including building scalable and resilient , automation, continuous and deployment, testing, observability, and security. You will innovate and experiment to help Customers achieve their business outcomes and deliver production-ready solutions at global scale. You will lead projects independently but also work as a member of a larger team. Your role will be key to earning customer trust.
As an Amazonian you will demonstrate the Amazon Leadership Principles, coaching and mentoring others on best practices, performance and career development.
• Invent and build solutions that solve complex problems, scale globally, guarantee performance, and enable breakthrough innovations,
• Assess Customer readiness to adopt best practices, guide Customers adoption and to the ,
• Develop solutions in the areas of CI/CD processes, as a Code, Automation or Observability using Open Source and tools and services,
• Work with customers and partners, guiding them through planning, prioritization and delivery of complex initiatives, while collaborating with relevant Sales and Service Teams,
• (Re)design solutions to use native technologies and modern software development practices,
• Help customers define their business outcomes and guide their technical and investments,
• Create and apply frameworks, methods, best practices and artifacts that will guide our Customers; publish and present them in large forums and across various media platforms,
• Coach and mentor fellow developers how to develop high-quality code, innovate using the latest technologies, services and development best practices,
• Contribute to enhancing and improving services.
• attitude - this is about culture, not only tooling.
• Proven track record of successful implementation of practices in customer engagements.
• Good understanding of software engineering best practices such as code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, deployment, release, and change management.
• Knowledge / experience of:
o automating real-world production environments (using e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, Ansible).
o as a code development (CloudFormation or Terraform).
o Configuring and managing continuous servers (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, VSTS).
o Containers (i.e. Docker, K8S, ECS, Fargate...)
o Logging and monitoring (e.g. ELK, Datadog, New Relic).
o IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing, and firewalling.
o Linux and Windows-based systems administration in or Virtualized environment including scripting (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash...).
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
• Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an environment.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills in English.
• Ability to travel to client locations when needed, up to 50%.
• Certification in Solutions , SysOps or .
• Experience with back-end technologies for web applications/APIs.
• Experience with automated testing tools (e.g. Selenium, JMeter).
• Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems.
• Experience designing and building highly available, resilient, large-scale, distributed systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and automated disaster recovery.
• Track record of presenting at public events such as technology conferences, hackathons or blogging, writing technical articles or contributing to open source projects.
We invest heavily in our team by continuously offering learning opportunities, sharing knowledge internally across all technical teams in , and working on (customer & internal) projects that will broaden and deepen your technical expertise and business acumen.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, are eager to deliver results, are deeply technical, highly innovative, and a voracious learner, it is you who we are looking for!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Back to top