Do you enjoy leading, guiding, and influencing customers and team members throughout the DevOps journey? As an AWS DevOps Architect, you will have the opportunity to work on some of the world's most complex challenges. You will apply your deep technical expertise to solve cloud-based solutions at scale. You will lead customers through transforming their business with the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that deliver end-to-end applications and infrastructure solutions.
The Senior DevOps Architect is a leader with extensive automation and programming experience throughout the software development lifecycle (SDLC), servicing multiple teams or organizations. A successful DevOps Architect has technical depth across the full DevOps spectrum along with leading and evangelizing transformations, and driving innovation.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Our team members work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and domestically. As such, team members will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
• Bachelor Degree or 10+ years of professional or military experience.
• 8+ years of experience as a technical specialist.
• 2+ years of hands-on experience of programming in languages such as Python, Ruby, Go, Swift, Java, .Net, C++ or similar object-oriented language.
• Experience with architecting and automating cloud native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning infrastructure.
• Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code, using CloudFormation, Terraform, or other tools.
• Experience architecting cloud native CI/CD workflows and tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Code Deploy (AWS) and/or GitLab.
• Hands-on experience with microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology.
• Experience with the full software development lifecycle and delivery using Agile practices.
• Experience with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments.
• Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewall.
• Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks such as Kafka, Logstash, Splunk, ElastiSearch, and Kibana.
• Experience implementing and designing cloud native security concepts, DevSecOps or MLOps.
• AWS Certification(s) such as Solutions Architect Pro, DevOps Engineer Pro, SysOps Admin, Developer Associate.
• Strong presentation, verbal communication and written communications skills.
• Ability to lead effectively across organizations and engagements, preferably from a professional services organization or similar.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $122,300 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.