Senior Developer Advocate - Boston
- Boston, MA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a talented, self-directed Sr. Developer Advocate to drive adoption and community engagement of Amazon Elastic File Services (EFS) for containerized and serverless applications. AWS customers use EFS in conjunction with compute services like Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS), Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Services (EKS), AWS Fargate and AWS Lambda to run container-based and serverless applications and microservices in production. In this role, you'll combine your passion and enthusiasm for developers with your creativity to generate grass-roots attention and support for EFS with containers and serverless among developers, technologists, and key industry opinion makers.
Ideally, you are someone who has written code, operated infrastructure, and can get in the technical weeds with the best of them. You get great satisfaction from guiding developers and enterprises towards a technology you believe in. You have immediate credibility with developers evidenced by your following on mediums such as GitHub, Twitter, and Medium, but are equally comfortable working with decision makers at large enterprises. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so. You don't just want to be part of an industry movement, you want to be out front leading it. If this sounds like you, this is your dream job. Your responsibilities will include:
• Delivering compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, and discussions to drive adoption of EFS with container technologies
• Collaborating with internal teams to identify product gaps and define new features/services, influence the product roadmap, market positioning, and developer program initiatives
• Creating webcasts, running Twitch office hours, and developing tutorials about emerging technologies and industry developments
• Maintaining a strong and credible presence in social media and technology channels relevant to developers
• Representing AWS/EFS as a panelist/keynote speaker at meetups, and relevant technology/industry conferences
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Our entire team is co-located in the Boston Seaport office, but we're also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10am to 4pm.
Mentorship and Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members truly enjoy mentoring others through one-on-one sessions helping them with their career growth.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust
• Bachelors degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline
• 7+ years in the technology industry in a technical, product management, or evangelism/developer advocacy role
• 5+ years as a software development engineer or devops engineer
• 2+ years hands on experience with Linux containers
• 2+ years hands on experience with file-based storage
• The ability to work cooperatively with, and gain the respect of, software developers is a must
• Demonstrable following in social and technical channels such as Twitter, YouTube, GitHub, and Twitch
• Active contributor to open source projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top