Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a talented, passionate Senior Developer Advocate to drive adoption and community engagement for AWS IoT device software. In this role, you'll combine your experience with open source initiatives, community engagement, customer education, and enthusiasm for working with developers to generate grassroots attention and support for AWS IoT device software.
We are looking for a candidate that enjoys writing code and technical content, has experience contributing to open source projects, and gets great satisfaction from guiding developers and enterprises towards a technology you believe in. The right candidate will have immediate credibility with developers and also be effective at working with executives at large enterprises. Additionally, you'll have a breadth of experience across different hardware and software technology stacks, architectures, as well as computing and data management primitives for the IoT edge to help you quickly earn trust with customers and understand their pain points. And, you can transfer this knowledge into initiatives to engage developers and grow an open source community.
You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so. You don't just want to be part of an industry movement solving real problems at the boundary between the digital and physical worlds. Instead, you want to be out front leading it.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Participate as a speaker at meetups, technology conferences, or trade shows
• Maintaining a strong and credible presence in social media channels
• Delivering compelling and comprehensive technical content, such as white papers, tutorials, and code samples for AWS IoT device software
• Working with AWS solution architects to share best practices, build reference architectures, and product demos
• Collaborating with the product team to define product roadmap, market positioning, and developer program initiatives
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or 5+ years relevant work experience in a technical, product management, or evangelism/advocacy role and IoT, Edge computing, or device-side software
• Has 2+ years as a software development engineer
• 2+ years experience with at least one of the following programming languages: Java, Node.js, Python, C/C++
• Outstanding public speaking and presentation skills, including written communication
• Can crisply explain IoT concepts and cloud architectures to others in an inspirational way
• Has the ability to work cooperatively with and gain the respect of IoT developers
• Master's degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline (or equivalent experience)
• 2+ years in an developer evangelism or advocacy role
• Experience working in a startup type of environment
• Demonstrable following in social and technical channels such as Twitter, YouTube, GitHub, and Twitch
• Active contributor to open source projects
• Deep experience with IoT technologies
• Strong technical acumen, and understanding/curiosity about emerging disruptive technologies, like cloud computing, IoT, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, etc.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us