The Developer Advocate for AWS IoT Devices will join a creative, experienced and energetic organization that is responsible for helping to drive the development of IoT applications and the adoption of AWS services. In this role, you'll combine your unbridled passion and enthusiasm with your unmatched creativity to generate grass-roots attention and support for AWS IoT solutions among key industry innovators and technologists.
Ideally, you're someone who comes from an embedded development background, but has an unmet need to be on stage guiding the broader industry towards a technology you firmly believe in. You have immediate credibility with a wide range of hands-on technical audiences, such as software and hardware developers, architects, data scientists and IT administrators. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so.
You don't just want to be part of an industry movement, you want to be out front leading it.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're
building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
• 5+ years relevant work experience in embedded development and IoT
• Outstanding public speaking and presentation skills, including written communication
• Can crisply explain IoT solutions and software architectures to others in an inspirational way
• Has the ability to work cooperatively with and gain the respect of software developers
• Can travel and work autonomously
• Master's degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline (or equivalent experience)
• 2+ years in an developer evangelism or advocacy role
• Experience working in a startup type of environment
• Demonstrable following in social and technical channels such as Twitter, YouTube, GitHub, and Twitch
• Active contributor to open source projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, see https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.