Senior Developer Advocate - Amazon Web Services
- Santiago, Chile
Amazon Web Services is the industry's leading cloud computing platform, a range of services for developers and IT professionals that promise to lower costs and transform how applications are built.
The Developer Advocate for Amazon Web Services will join an experienced and energetic organization that is responsible for helping to drive the development and adoption of AWS services. In this role, you'll combine your unbridled passion and enthusiasm with your unmatched creativity to generate grass-roots attention and support for AWS among key industry opinion makers and technologists.
Ideally, you're someone who comes from a software and/or infrastructure background, but has an unmet need to be on stage guiding the broader industry towards a technology you firmly believe in. You have immediate credibility with Startups, Developers, Architects, IT Managers and / or CIOs. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so.
You don't just want to be part of an industry movement, you want to be out front leading it.
• Gaining industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist and keynote speaker at AWS and third party technology conferences, trade shows and press events
• Developing and delivering compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, and discussions to help drive awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services
• Continuing to identify leads for potential partnerships and customer opportunities
• Collaborating with internal teams to define the product road map, market positioning, community user groups and developer program initiatives
• Creating and maintaining white papers, screencasts, demos and videos about AWS services along with emerging technologies and industry developments
• Significant experience working in a technology evangelist, developer relation, or technical executive role
• Strong knowledge and experience with cloud computing infrastructure, application development platforms and popular programming languages
• The ability to work cooperatively with, and gain the respect of, software developers is a must
• Superior oral and written communication skills in English & Spanish
• Outstanding public speaking and presentation skills
• Willingness to travel and ability to work autonomously
• Significant experience in IT Infrastructure and/or software development, with special emphasis in areas of Compute, Storage, Databases, Networking, Application Services, Machine Learning, Big Data and/ or distributed computing
• Practical experience in cloud computing architecture work, systems or application design, development or operations.
• Past experience on Cloud Computing platforms is preferred. Working knowledge of AWS platform
• Working knowledge and experience with social / online marketing coupled with prior experience in product definition, bring-to-market strategies and/ or setting an industry standard
• A history of successful speaking engagements, industry influence and / or recognition in technology publications is preferred
Back to top