There's a revolution in listening, and Audible is leading it.
Audible, Inc., an Amazon.com, Inc. subsidiary (NASDAQ:AMZN), has a simple ambition: deliver spoken- word audio content – anytime, anywhere – to enrich and change lives. From the curious-minded whose commutes are being transformed into treasured time for entertainment and discovery, to thwarted readers gaining access to new worlds of literature and more, people's lives are being transformed through great listening. And it's not just our listeners who tell us their lives have been touched by Audible; we have inspired a new class of creators—authors, teachers, artists, actors—to express themselves in this intimate, immersive and captivating medium.
While part of the Amazon family—with the impassioned goal of delighting our listeners to prove it— Audible still operates independently and retains the inventive, and entrepreneurial spirit evident when it was founded in 1996 and invented the world's first mp3 player. Today, over 50M fanatical listeners have downloaded our digital apps on hundreds of digital devices across the globe, accessed our catalog of over 250,000 titles in 25+ categories, and helped us become the top-rated audiobook app on iOS and Android.
Brand Communications at Audible:
Audible's Member Communications group is tasked—enviably, we think—with growing and engaging a wildly passionate community of smart, curious-minded audiobook lovers. As brand champions and performance marketers, the Branding and Marketing Communications team creates content, programs, and advertising assets – for both internal and external usage - across earned, owned, and paid surfaces.
As a key player on the Member Communications design team, you'll be responsible for ideating and designing marketing communications that Audible members see on a daily basis. Working with an equally passionate team of creators, you will lead concept development for member onboarding and retention activities across the customer journey from email to web to app to social.
- You believe that quality is better than quantity and seek excellence and perfection in everything you do.
- You have a passion for data and use it to inform your design choices.
- You have a broad portfolio that speaks to your range of problem solving abilities.
- You create success and you do it quickly.
- You embrace the power of teamwork, contribute ideas and collaborate well with others.
- You have the ability to turn complex information into a clear narrative.
- Work as a project lead with current in-house design team and stakeholders to conceptualize and execute designs in all formats of marketing media.
- Develop design systems that standardize our brand across various digital touchpoints.
- Work directly with copywriters and marketers to design exceptional layouts.
- Collaborate with our copy CD to ensure cohesive messaging and design.
- Partner with stakeholders to brainstorm and execute creative solutions.
- Develop user flows, wireframes and mockups to communicate complex ideas.
- Manage the preparation and production of design assets for launch.
- Research design trends that bring fresh ideas to our marketing partners.
- Champion design consistency.
- BA/BFA in design or related field.
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience as an interactive graphic designer.
- Outstanding portfolio, especially in the areas of digital marketing, CRM and customer journey.
- Demonstrated ability to create work that grows and changes over time to meet new needs with a single client.
- Ability to follow creative briefs and brand identity standards.
- Strong presentation, communication and writing skills.
- Team player that enjoys collaboration.
- Strong knowledge and use of typography.
- Able to create forward thinking concepts across traditional and interactive media while maintaining corporate branding standards.
- Strong organizational skills, an acute attention to detail and deadline focused.
- Experience collaborating with external agencies and freelancers.
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe CS, Keynote, MS Office.
- Illustration and animation.
- Working knowledge of HTML CSS.
We have a comprehensive benefits package. Here are some of the fun and meaningful perks we offer:
- Daily catered lunch, Monday breakfast and juice bar, snacks and Friday happy hours
- Free onsite gym and 25% fitness reimbursement
- Seasonal sports clubs - basketball, hockey, soccer, volleyball, softball and more
- Company sponsored events
- Transit reimbursement, paid parking and shuttle service
- Tuition assistance
- Annual Amazon discount
- Meaningful community involvement opportunities including mentoring interns, literacy tutoring and Audible Scholars, along with collaboration on start-up projects incubating in Newark Venture Partners
Audible, Inc. is the world's largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We're an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 350,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minority/ Female/ Disability/ Vet
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top