Role can sit in Detroit, NYC, Seattle, or LA
The US Automotive Custom team is looking for an experienced and talented technologist who can deliver bar-raising experiences to millions of customersand beyond. In this role you will be responsible for custom development and prototyping for advertisers and agencies. As a leader will split your time between execution and strategy. You will be contributing to new ad products, pre-sales prototypes and custom campaigns working alongside Creatives, Designers, Program Managers, Engineers and Account teams.
You are equally passionate about design and development. You have strong front-end proficiency, be a creative problem solver at the core and have a keen eye for world class functional design. You will bring disruptive ideas for how to conceive, create, and deliver branded shopping experiences for millions of customers worldwide and work across desktop, mobile, Fire tablet, Fire TV, Alexa, Out of Home and emerging devices.
• Owning the end-to-end development process and deliverables from a design and technical perspective
• Providing design and leadership by working closely with business teams to develop campaign strategy, use cases, and technical requirements
• Presenting work to peers, product teams and executive leadership
• Providing leadership, mentoring, and coaching to your immediate and extended team
• Partnering with program and product managers to appropriately identify and assess features for future product offerings.
Here are some things that we're looking for:
• Proven web development experience across multiple devices, webviews and browsers
• Proven ability to simplify complex problems into intuitive and elegant experiences
• Ability to deliver functional prototypes on new form factors
• Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
• Ability to participate in the full lifecycle of design and development -- including ideation, prototyping, development, backwards compatibility, fail overs, validation, and user-testing
Please include your online portfolio and process examples in your application.
This role can sit in NYC, Seattle, or LA
• Available online portfolio
• 4+ years of experience as a front-end technologist, engineer, or UX prototyper.
• Coding samples in front end programming languages
• Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
• Experience using AWS in production environments
• Understanding of client-side performance and how to mitigate latency issues
• Familiarity with digital marketing, advertising, and metrics across Entertainment and Automotive verticals
• Familiar with IoT and connected "things"
• Familiar with creative ideation and brainstorm sessions with internal and external partners
• Familiarity with Android and/or iOS development
• Familiarity with Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and Voice Design
• Familiarity of Java/Ruby/Python/Obj-C, Swift or OpenCV
• BS/MS in computer science, technology, design, or equivalent professional experience (1 year experience per year of schooling)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.