Senior Design Technologist
- Palo Alto, CA
The Amazon Payment Acceptance and Experience Team is responsible for how Amazon's customers pay on Amazon's sites around the globe. We are looking for a dynamic and innovative problem solver to join as a Senior Design Technologist who will work with a team of talented product managers, designers, and engineers to deliver best-in-class customer payment experiences. We need a highly motivated, creative and passionate Senior Design Technologist to be a part of our team as we drive innovative, customer-focused payment solutions across all devices and provide local paying experiences for Amazon's customers around the globe.
As a Senior Design Technologist on the Payments Acceptance and Experience team, you possess both UX design and engineering expertise and are able to develop, prototype, and test innovative UI solutions that push the envelope of front-end engineering. Your work inspires development teams and leaders to invest in new ideas and ensures design intent is delivered to customers as actual product. In this role you will use a variety of tools and technologies to prototype new ways of interacting across all platforms. You will prove UX concepts at a variety of fidelities, including working samples and reference code, throughout the design process. You are well versed in an appropriate mix of development and prototyping platforms and tools, and will select the best and most appropriate platform for the task. When possible, you are able to deliver code on the platform upon which the experience will ship, and you know when doing so is not necessary or practical. You understand the strengths and weaknesses of the delivery platform, and are able to identify opportunities and work creatively within the constraints it imposes.
You will work with a small, highly capable team of designers, researchers and engineers, iterating on concepts that start and end with the customer. You will help design, implement, and refine prototypes that inspire action around the results.
• Actively participate in concept development and design ideation as part of a small team.
• Rapidly build and iterate on polished, high-fidelity prototypes that express design intent, using the best and most appropriate tools and techniques for the task.
• Develop functional prototypes to prove and sell concepts to development teams and senior leadership.
• Ensure that all prototypes are created with accessibility in mind so that the experiences are optimized for all of our users.
• Work within a design system and be able to help evolve the system to meet the needs of our users.
• Partner with engineering to ensure that interactive techniques and technologies translate through to shipping products and services.
• Be able to work creatively through and around perceived limitations and/or challenges imposed by the delivery platform to create delightful experiences for customers.
• Lead large, wide impacting Design Tech projects. Examples could include a specific tool or feature that crosses many disparate areas of the site or product line.
• Lead others and set direction in the face of ambiguity
• Participate in annual planning and end-to-end design process
• Evaluate and document any new creative and/or engineering standards or patterns that could arise from your work
• Proactively mentor and develop other Designers and Design Technologists
• Effectively present work to all levels of leadership
• 4+ years of experience as a front-end technologist, engineer, or UX prototyper.
• Coding samples in front end programming languages
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field
• 5+ years of experience as a key member of a UI design team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of successfully launched applications.
• Mobile app development for iOS and Android
• Ability to gracefully handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Portfolio of work that demonstrates detailed attention to typography, color, imagery, motion, and graphic elements
• Fluent in English, with excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
• Server-side proficiency (Node.js, Python, Ruby, Java)
• Experience with JS frameworks such as Angular, Backbone, etc.
• Familiarity with modern CSS frameworks, tools and workflow
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top