Senior Design Technologist, AWS
Amazon Web Services (AWS) in San Francisco, CA is looking for a Sr. Design Technologist to join a newly formed project team as they build out a new AWS product! We're looking for someone who by combining their UX design and engineering expertise, are able to develop, prototype and test innovative, customer-centric software UI solutions that push the envelope on front-end engineering and inspire development teams and leaders to invest in new ideas.
You will establish the product vision and impact customer experience at every stage. You will work collaboratively with designers, researchers, product managers, developers, content strategists, users, and executives -- iterating on concepts that start and end with the customer. You will lead the design, implement, and refine prototypes for a multitude of unique and different user interfaces, inspiring action around the results.
- · Create the vision for, and communicate, innovative solutions to a wide variety of user experience challenges
- · Participate in annual planning and end-to-end design process
- · Evaluate and document any new creative and/or engineering standards or patterns that could arise from your work
- · Proactively mentor and develop other Designers, Design Technologists and Web Developers
- · Effectively present work to all levels of leadership
- · Actively participate in concept development and design ideation as part of a small team
- · Rapidly build and iterate on polished, high fidelity prototypes that express design intent, using the best and most appropriate tools and techniques for the task
- · Develop functional prototypes to prove and sell concepts to development teams and senior leadership
- · Partner with engineering to ensure that interactive techniques and technologies translate through to shipping products and services
- · Be able to work creatively through and around perceived limitations and/or challenges imposed by the delivery platform to create delightful experiences for customers
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field (In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience)
- · At least 5 years of experience as a key member of a UI design team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of successfully launched applications
- · Knowledge of web development tools such as Frameworks (e.g. jQuery, Backbone, Bootstrap), Package Management (e.g. Require.js, AMD), Browser Debugging (e.g. Web Inspector, Firebug, WebDev Toolbar), Templating (e.g. Handlebars, Underscore templates), and Preprocessors (e.g. SASS, LESS, CoffeeScript)
- · Strong grasp of Physics, Algebra and Calculus and experience with application and modeling, e.g. transitions, gestures, image processing, 3D, etc.
- · A passion for creating beautiful, engaging, intuitive, efficient, highly usable user interfaces
- · Portfolio of work that demonstrates detailed attention to typography, color, imagery, motion, and graphic elements
- Experience in fetching data from services and screen scraping using a RESTful API (e.g. Twitter, AWS, OAuth)
- · Fluency in one or more of: Python/PHP/Ruby, Flash/ActionScript, C, C++ or Java
- · HCI and research experience
- · Desire to work in a start-up style environment, where iteration is encouraged
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top