Senior Database Specialist (Specialist TAM) Italy
Are you a Database Specialist? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale database challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new database technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners that use cloud computing web services to run new solutions, faster, and at lower cost? Do you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights using Cloud computing technologies? Would you like a career path that enables you to progress with the rapid adoption of cloud computing?
Would you like join one of the fastest-growing organizations within Amazon Web Services (AWS) and help customers of all industries and sizes gain the best value and service from AWS? At AWS Enterprise Support we are looking for a Specialist Technical Account Manager (STAM) to support our customers across EMEA. You would be one of the founding members of team that works with other global team members. The Specialist TAM will work hand-in-hand with Technical Account Managers, Solutions Architects, Business Development Managers, Professional Services and Account Managers. You will collaborate with our customers and partners on achieving operational excellence after migrating their Database Solutions to the cloud. This role will specifically focus on AWS Database Services such as Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora and Amazon Database Migration Services. You'll act as a trusted advisor and advocate for customers across EMEA region. This position will require the ability to travel 20% or more as needed.
• The candidate will possess both technical and customer-facing skills that will allow them to be a "trusted advisor" to customers. He or she will be able to facilitate relationships with senior personnel, as well as easily interact and give guidance to software developers, IT pros, and system architects. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Highly technical and analytical, possessing 5 or more years of Relational Database implementation, operations and/or technical sales experience. Very strong MySQL/MariaDB and/or PostgreSQL experience.
• In depth experience with Database, administration, performance tuning and troubleshooting on one or more of following: MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle.
• Experience setting up and monitoring / alarming for production Database environments.
• Exposure to security concepts / best practices.
• Architecture design experience.
• Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization.
• Implementation and tuning experience of Databases including knowledge of Schema Design, Query Tuning and Optimization, and Data Migration and Integration. Experience of requirements for the analytics presentation layer including Dashboards, Reporting, and OLAP.
• Experience in database migrations e.g. Oracle to OpenSource or Cloud-based database.
• Strong understanding of database licensing schemes. Ability to develop TCO models and assess business impacts, ROI etc highly desirable.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
• Able to influence and build mindshare convincingly with any audience. Confident and experienced in public speaking to large audiences.
• Strong Oracle and/or SQL Server experience
• Experience with "NoSQL Database" such as Mongo-DB, Cassandra are an advantage
• Experience managing full application stacks from the Operating System up through Front End applications. Understanding of application, server, and network security is highly desired
• Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Database and/or Data Warehousing.
• Hands on experience as a database, data warehouse or big data developer. Scripting / Programming experience in database related fields
• Hands on experience leading large-scale database projects.
• Working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies such as agile methodologies and DevOps is highly desired.
• Executive speaking and presentation skills - Formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
• Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups. AWS Certifications, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate/Professional highly desirable.
• Technical degrees in computer science, software engineering, or maths highly desired.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top