Senior Database Solutions Architect - Nationwide Opportunities
- United States
Are you a relational Database Specialist? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale database challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of relational technologies built for the cloud? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help large enterprises and start-ups to deploy their business-critical database workloads on Amazon RDS and Amazon Aurora?
At AWS, we're hiring database experts to collaborate with our customers and partners on migrating their databases to the cloud. This role will primarily focus on Amazon RDS and Amazon Aurora.
As an ideal candidate for this role, you will possess deep knowledge in open source based relational database technology (MySQL or PostgreSQL) and possess mature architecture skills for deploying hyper-scale workloads on AWS. You will be able to dive deep into the customer's problems and work with internal AWS service teams to invent and simplify solutions on behalf of customers. You will partner with AWS sales, business development, solutions architecture, and service teams to accelerate the adoption of Amazon RDS and Amazon Aurora.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Work with customers to deploy cutting-edge solutions that leverage Amazon RDS and Amazon Aurora.
• Collaborate with business development, Professional services, and sales teams to define Database Engagement strategy for AWS operational territories and key accounts.
• Be a recognized authority for relational database expertise across AWS.
• Build and deliver content by collaborating with business development and AWS service teams to help partners and customers learn and use Amazon RDS and Amazon Aurora.
• Be a trusted collaborator for the AWS service teams as the voice of the customer for defining and prioritizing service features.
• Provide definitive guidance for customers in choosing the right database services and approaches
• Provide thought leadership on database solutions by authoring or contributing to blog posts, whitepapers, reference architectures, and workshops
• Lead enablement by training Solution Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Trainers in relational databases
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the worldwide AWS solution architect community
• Present at industry events to educate customers and evangelize AWS and Amazon Aurora.
• 7+ years of Relational Database implementation, operations and/or solution deployment experience in a business-critical, high-availability context.
• Technical degrees in computer science, software engineering, or mathematics; working knowledge of modern software development practices such as agile methodologies and DevOps.
• Experience in designing and/or implementing highly scalable database architectures
• Implementation and tuning experience of Databases including knowledge of Schema Design, Query Tuning and Optimization, and Data Migration and Integration.
• Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization
• Possession of both technical and customer-facing skills enabling perception as a "trusted advisor" to customers. You will be able to facilitate relationships with senior technical executives, as well as easily interact and give guidance to software developers, IT operations staff, and system architects.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• Hands on experience as a database engineer, data architect, or big data developer.
• Experience in relational database migrations (same or different DB engines)
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
• Executive speaking and presentation skills Formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
• Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups
• Understanding of application, server, and network security is highly desired
• AWS Certifications, e.g., AWS Solutions Architect Associate/Professional
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $116,400.00. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Back to top