Senior Database Consultant
- Tampa, FL
Are you an experienced Oracle/SQLServer Platform Specialist? Have you worked on Open Source Database platforms such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB or Casandra? Have you migrated Applications from one Database Engine to another? Do you like to engage with senior leadership and determine ways to optimize the Customer's IT Platforms & Infrastructure? Do you like to solve the most complex and high scale data challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new platform technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help organizations understand and use cloud computing web services to do big new things faster, at lower cost?
You will collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements and will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, and support implementation projects in order to migrate Applications from Oracle/SQLServer databases to Aurora-PostgreSQL/MySQL or other Open Source platforms.
Our professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions such as high volume mission critical OLTP/OLAP environments, batch data processing, designing and deploying future state petabyte-scale data warehouse service and building and/or designing reference configurations to enable our customers and influence AWS RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB and Redshift adoption.
• Employ customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, standard methodologies, project management and risk mitigation
• Work closely with AWS Platform Service Engineering and Architecture teams to help ensure the success of project consulting engagements with customer
• Work directly with customers' technical resources to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements
• Think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
• Analyze on-premises database environments such as Oracle, SQLServer, or other Commercial DB Engines to Open Source Engines like Aurora-PostgreSQL/MySQL or RedShift, DynamoDB.
• Consult for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance
• Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
This is a customer facing role. You be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
• 8+ years of experience in Oracle or SQLServer
• Experience in Open Source Database Technology Platforms such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
• Experience with C-Level/Director level customers in IT/Business to craft their Enterprise Architecture and IT Strategies
• Ability to lead client specific strategic engagements involving customer/partner teams
• Experience with migrating mission critical database environments from one platform to another
• Experience working with high availability, disaster recovery and server tuning strategies including parameters, resources, contention, etc.
• Experience in writing complex procedural language artifacts: PL/SQL ,TSQL PL/PgSQL, stored procedures
• Experience in Shell/Perl/Python Scripting
• Bachelor's degree in Computer science or equivalent experience
• Relevant Application/Database replatforming experience (Commercial to Open Source Engines)
• Experience in AWS Platforms and Service
• Experience with Custom/COTS Applications and their implementation/maintenance is highly desired
• Experience with TCP/IP Networking a plus
• Experience with mission critical databases across multiple database platforms (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Netezza, Teradata, Vertica, etc.) desired
• Experience in Data Modelling, ETL/ELT workflow management desired & ability to write, tune SQL queries desired
• Understanding and ability to participate in all phases of the SDLC including requirements gathering, business analysis, configuration management and quality control desired
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top