Are you an experienced commercial or open source database platform specialist? Are you an Oracle or SQL Server Platform Specialist? Have you worked on Open source Database platforms like PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB or Casandra? Have you migrated Applications from one Database Engine to another? Do you like to engage with senior leadership and determine ways to optimize the IT Platforms & Infrastructure? Do you like to solve the most complex and high scale data challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new platform technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help organizations understand and use cloud computing web services to do big new things faster, at lower cost?
You will collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements and will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, and support implementation projects in order to migrate customer environments to AWS cloud based database platforms.
Our professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions such as high volume mission critical OLTP/OLAP environments, batch data processing, designing and deploying future state petabyte-scale data warehouse service and building and/or designing reference configurations to enable our customers and influence AWS RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB and Redshift adoption.
• Employ customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, standard methodologies, project management and risk mitigation
• Work closely with AWS Platform Service Engineering and Architecture teams to help ensure the success of project consulting engagements with customer
• Work directly with customers' technical resources to devise and recommend solutions based on the understood requirements
• Think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
• Analyze on-premises database environments such as Oracle, SQL Server, or other Commercial DB Engines to Open Source Engines like Aurora PostgreSQL/MySQL or RedShift, DynamoDB.
• Work with customers to migrate their database environments to AWS. This may include, but is not limited to Re-Host database platform on AWS, Upgrade/Optimize for AWS, Re-Factor to open source database platform on AWS
• Consult for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance
• Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
• Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 8+ years of DBA experience in Oracle, SQL Server, or other commercial/open source database platforms
• Experience with migrating mission critical database environments from one platform to another
• Experience working with high availability, disaster recovery and server tuning strategies including parameters, resources, contention, etc.
• Experience in Shell/Perl/ Scripting
• Bachelor's degree in Computer science or equivalent experience
• Experience with C-Level/Director level customers in IT/Business to craft their Enterprise Architecture and IT Strategies
• Relevant Application/Database replatforming experience (Commercial to Open Source Engines)
• Knowledge of replication technologies such as Oracle GoldenGate, Amazon Database Migration Service, or similar
• Experience with mission critical databases across multiple database platforms
• Experience in Data Modelling, ETL/ELT workflow management desired & ability to write, tune SQL queries desired
• Experience in writing procedural language artifacts: PL/SQL, T-SQL, PL/pgSQL, stored procedures
• Experience in AWS Platforms and Service
• Experience with Custom/COTS Applications and their implementation/maintenance is highly desired
• Experience with TCP/IP Networking
• Experience with MS Office (Excel)
• Understanding and ability to participate in all phases of the SDLC including requirements gathering, business analysis, configuration management and quality control desired
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $122,300 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.