"Amazon Science gives you insight into the company's approach to scientific innovation. Amazon fundamentally believes that scientific innovation is essential to being the most customer-centric company in the world. It's the company's ability to have an impact at scale that allows us to attract some of the brightest minds in artificial intelligence and related fields. Our scientists continue to publish, teach, and engage with the academic community, in addition to utilizing our working backwards method to enrich the way we live and work."
Please visit https://www.amazon.science for more information
Amazon's cross border delivery experience team ("XB DEX") manages delivery strategy, pricing, and speeds to customers in more than 150 countries. We serve a diverse and global set of customers with unique needs, challenges and preferences. We need help evaluating complex tradeoffs that our business teams face every day. We value innovation, and are looking for a leader who can help us continue to raise the bar on our data-based decision-making.
We are looking a smart, experienced and motivated Sr. Data Scientist to be the founding science member of our business team. In this role, you will research, evaluate, and refine some of our business's largest and most challenging tradeoff problems. Your research and findings will influence the long-term decisions that our senior leadership makes to improve the Amazon experience of our global customers.
In this role, you will be a technical expert with significant scope and impact. You will work with Business Intelligence Engineers, Product Managers, Financial Analysts, Software Engineers, Data Engineers, Economists, and Applied Scientists to use experimentation, ML, econometrics and optimization models to research and improve the customer experience. The successful Sr. Data Scientist will have the strong Ownership and Bias for Action which are needed in this founding role, with a proven ability to build and manage medium-scale modeling projects, identify data requirements, and build and adapt methodologies and tools that are statistically sound.
We are seeking someone who can thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy and fun work environment. We value leaders who are technical owners and are curious to learn new areas and skills. We look for individuals with a proven track record of delivering results and a desire to develop themselves, their colleagues and their career.
• Use statistical, econometric and machine learning analysis to measure the incremental costs and benefits that are present in our tradeoffs today
• Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of historical business data
• Design, develop and evaluate innovative models that drive scale and statistical power
• Work closely with the science community at Amazon to bring best practices and new/innovative ideas to our business team
• Advise global business leadership in day-to-day decision making using the insights from your analysis and models
• 5+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
• 4+ years working as a Data Scientist
• Experience communicating insights and technical concepts both verbally and in writing to business leadership and stakeholders.
• Strong understanding of economics and econometric principles. Ability to apply them to business use cases.
• Proven track record of working on cross-functional teams across a diverse set of stakeholders and talents.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.