Senior Data Scientist
- Seattle, WA
The Organizational Research and Measurement team in Worldwide Operations is seeking a talented, self-directed Data Scientist to join the team. This is a unique opportunity to innovate at the intersection of human perception data, and many other diverse data sources such as site operational data. You will work with a cognitively diverse group of scientists and engineers to design, create and put prediction models into production and support the data pipelines that drive the modeling work. We expect the scientist to demonstrate relentless customer-orientation, relentless curiosity, openness to collaboration and personal development, and a commitment to the highest standards of data science. This role provides opportunity for significant exposure to Amazon's culture, leadership, and global business lines within WW Operations.
You are the ideal candidate if you are clearly passionate about delivering experiences that delight customers and creating solutions that are robust. You should thrive in ambiguous environments that require to find solutions to problems that have not been solved before. You enjoy and succeed in fast paced environments where learning new concepts quickly is a must. Your strong communication skills enable you to work effectively with both product management and technical partners.
• Advanced degree (preferably Masters/PhD) in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Information Systems and Management, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
• 1-3 years of practical experience applying data science methods to solve complex organizational problems;
• Algorithm and model development experience for large-scale applications;
• Expertise using SQL and/or programming languages (Java, C++). Exposure to R, MATLAB, Python or similar scripting language used for statistical analysis is important for success in this role;
• Experience distilling informal customer requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
• Experience with reporting environment like QuickSight or Tableau is nice to have
• Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art
• Extensive knowledge and practical experience in deep neural networks and other recommendation systems, including: convolutional neural networks (CNNs), recurrent neural networks (RNNs), residual neural networks and collaborative filtering techniques;
• Strong fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis;
• Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies with high customer impact;
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top