Senior Data Lab Architect
- Vancouver, Canada
Do you love building software and thinking big about how data and AI can change the world? Are you a data and analytics specialist? Do you have deep expertise in developing platforms optimised for analytics and machine learning solutions at scale? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing services to build new ML solutions, faster, and at lower cost?
At AWS, we're hiring highly technical ML platform solution architects and engineers to collaborate with our customers on building solutions in database, data management, and analytics/machine learning. AWS Data Labs are a global and online based facility where customers come to build data and analytics platforms. You will focus on real time and batch-based data processing, business intelligence, analytics, and machine learning platforms. These solutions are built alongside the customer and quickly put into production use in a matter of weeks. You'll work closely with AWS Field Teams including Solution Architects, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Service Developers to partner with customers to solve hard problems with data. Every day, you'll be working with AWS Services and Data Labs Customers to determine the optimal implementation, build it, prove it works, extract documents and CloudFormation templates to speed project delivery. If you are builder, and love data, then this could be your ideal job!
Up to 25% travel may be required
• Highly technical and analytical, possessing seven or more years of Machine Learning and/or Analytics Systems development and deployment experience, IT systems and engineering experience, security and compliance experience, etc.
• Possess significant experience of software development and/or IT and implementation/consulting experience.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organisations and virtual teams.
• Ability to think understand complex business requirements and render them as prototype systems with quick turnaround time.
• Experience implementation and tuning in the Big Data Ecosystem, (such as EMR, Hadoop, Spark, R, Presto, Hive), ML Platforms (SageMaker, Kubeflow, Azure Machine Learning, SAS, Domino), and MLOps (model development, orchestration and deployment, monitoring, optimisation).
• Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups.
• Knowledge of foundation infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimisation.
• BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Mathematics background preferred. [DB1]
• AWS Certification, eg. AWS Solutions Architect, Developer, or AWS Certified Machine Learning - Specialty
• Hands on experience leading large-scale big data and analytics projects.
• Hands on experience as a database, data warehouse, big data/analytics developer or administrator, or work as a data scientist.
• Hands on experience architecting, deploying and maintaining production machine learning systems.
• Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Big Data processing, Data Sciences and Machine Learning.
• Deep understanding of data, application, server, and network security
• Experience with Statistics, Machine Learning and Predictive Modelling.
• Working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies such as agile methodologies and DevOps/MLOps.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top