Senior Data Engineer - FinTech
- Seattle, WA
Are you passionate about data? Does the prospect of dealing with massive volumes of data excite you? Do you want to build big-data solutions that process billions of records a day in a scalable fashion using AWS technologies? Do you want to create the next-generation tools for intuitive data access? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
Amazon FinTech is an organization where people, technology and innovation come together to build products and solve problems for Amazon. The technology solutions and services we build enable Amazon's new business growth, provide operational efficiency through automation, compliance with law and analysis of our financial data. Through our products, we aim to provide Amazon competitive advantage for running its business and insights for our customers using state of the art technologies.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you should be an expert with data warehousing technical components (e.g. Data Modeling, ETL and Reporting), infrastructure (e.g. hardware and software) and their integration. You should have deep understanding of the architecture for enterprise level data warehouse solutions using multiple platforms (RDBMS, Columnar, Cloud). You should be an expert in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and to build data sets that answer those questions. The candidate is expected to be able to build efficient, flexible, extensible, and scalable ETL and reporting solutions. You should be enthusiastic about learning new technologies and be able to implement solutions using them to provide new functionality to the users or to scale the existing platform. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as the person will work very closely with diverse teams. Having strong analytical skills is a plus. Above all, you should be passionate about working with huge data sets and someone who loves to bring datasets together to answer business questions and drive change.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with large transactional volumes and big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts (that are typically being defined in real-time), and, above all, is a passionate about data and analytics. In this role you will be part of a team of engineers to create world's largest financial data warehouses and BI tools for Amazon's expanding global footprint.
• 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
• Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
• Experience in SQL
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering).
• 5+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence or business analytics.
• 3+ years experience with Java, Scala, or Python experience
• Experience with Redshift, Oracle, etc.
• Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
• Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects
• Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
• Ability to work on a diverse team
• 3+ years experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, EMR and RDS.
• 5+ Years experience with SQL or other query languages
• Ability to distill ambiguous customer requirements into a technical design
• Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy.
• Experience providing technical leadership and educating other engineers for best practices on data engineering.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top