Senior Data Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Want to work on one of the coolest and most innovative pieces of technology in the recent years? We are building Alexa, the Amazon cloud service that powers devices such as Amazon Echo, Fire TV, Amazon Tap and Echo Dot. And this is just the beginning. Our long-term vision is to build the Star Trek computer and you have a chance to be part of this. Come join us, together we will revolutionize the way people interact with devices and services! We are inventing the future.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will build data pipelines, tools, and reports that enable analysts, knowledge engineers, software engineers, product managers, and executives improve Alexa's answering capabilities across multiple information verticals: Sports, Business, History, Science, etc. In this highly visible role, you will work across teams to gather requirements for data logging, storing, transforming, and reporting, and will build scalable solutions under fast-paced environment.
You love building tools and data pipelines, can create clear and effective reports and data visualizations, and can partner with stakeholders to answer key business questions. You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
• Design, implement, and automate deployment of our distributed system for collecting and processing log events from multiple sources
• Design data schema and operate internal data warehouses and SQL/NoSQL database systems
• Write Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) jobs and Spark/Hadoop jobs to calculate business metrics
• Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
• Monitor and troubleshoot operational or data issues in the data pipelines
• Drive architectural plans and implementation for future data storage, reporting, and analytic solutions
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, related technical field, or equivalent work experience
• Relevant work experience in analytics, data engineering, business intelligence or related field.
• Extensive experience in implementing big data processing technology: Hadoop, Apache Spark, etc.
• Experience using SQL queries, experience in writing and optimizing SQL queries in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
• Detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architecture, infrastructure components, ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environments
• Experience in data visualization software (Tableau/Qlikview) or open-source project
• Graduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, related technical field
• Strong ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
• Demonstrated experience delivering actionable insights for a consumer business
• Proficiency with search technologies (Elasticsearch and the Elastic stack)
• Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
• Experience with AWS technologies including Redshift, RDS, S3, EMR
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top