Senior Data Engineer, Alexa Internet
If you are excited about solving challenging technical problems in the big data space, Alexa.com offers an exceptional opportunity to work at the cutting edge of behavioral analytics on a global scale. We are seeking a smart, self-directed Senior Data Engineer to help us build the next generation of digital insights and audience analysis technology. As part of our team, you will design and develop robust, scalable, cloud-based applications for collecting and analyzing large data sets and create new web analytics and other data-derived services to be used by millions of digital marketers, web publishers, and researchers worldwide.
Alexa.com, a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com, is a globally recognized leader in web analytics, audience and digital behavioral analytics, and competitive intelligence. We have been gathering and analyzing data from online sources for over 20 years, with terabytes of archived crawl data, a data-contributing panel of millions of users in countries around the world, and millions of unique website visitors each month. This position provides the qualified candidate with an opportunity to join our smart, motivated team and to directly impact our business.
- Design and develop robust and secure distributed processing solutions in our cloud (AWS) environment
- Evaluate and implement massive, scalable data storage and retrieval solutions
- Optimize automated processes for performance and fault tolerance
- Optimize support for ad-hoc analysis across various data sources
- Provide operational support for critical systems
- Collaborate with fellow technologists and contribute meaningfully in areas such as data sciences and data security
- Sharp as a tack, with strong knowledge of advanced algorithms, data structures, and software engineering best practices
- Expert knowledge of at least one compiled language such as C/C++ or Scala and a scripting language such as Python
- Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, or Mathematics, and 7+ years of related work experience
- Experience with technologies such as Spark and Elastic Map Reduce
- Proficiency with relational databases and Unix
- Basic understanding of Alexa, our products, and our target customer
- Machine learning and statistical proficiency
- Experience configuring and optimizing GPU-enabled hardware
- Experience with Internet data sets and web analytics
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top