Senior Data Engineer - Advertising, New Initiatives
- Bengaluru, India
Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital display advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon.com, across our other owned and operated sites, on other high quality sites across the web, and on millions of Kindles, tablets, and mobile devices. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you're interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you've come to the right place.
The Global Advertising Partner Development team helps suppliers, agencies, marketers, authors, content creators, designers, non-endemic advertisers and developers to scale their use of Amazon Advertising and grow their business by surfacing a diverse selection of products to millions of worldwide Amazon customers. We do this via software tools and marketing/engagement programs that enable developers (internal and external) and partners (agencies and tool providers) to better serve advertiser needs.
In addition to NYC, we are open to considering a remote or virtual hire for this position.
• Lead architecture design and implementation of next generation business intelligence solutions
• Manage AWS resources including EC2, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis, EMR, Lambda etc.
• Build and deliver high quality data architecture and pipelines to support business analyst, data scientists, and customer reporting needs.
• Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources
• Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
Impact and Career Growth:
• Engage with highly confidential projects and data sets
• Work with and have high visibility to senior leadership
• Partner closely with senior level Scientist and Economist at Amazon
• Independently own data assets to enable business adoption
If you are looking to make an impact, this is the team for you. Change the world by building, improving and championing the product with a strong sense of ownership. Thrive in our creative, self-motivated environment with a strong customer-focused mindset. You enjoy making strong impact with all aspects of data engineering. Take your team to the next level by driving meaningful initiatives with a leadership role in the latest data engineering technologies.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering)
• 5+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence or business analytics
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets
• 5+ years of experience in scripting languages like Python etc.
• Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing.
• Experience with AWS services including S3, Redshift, EMR, Kinesis and RDS
• Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, etc.)
• Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently.
• Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
• Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
• Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top