Senior Data Engineer
- Arlington, VA
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
The Team: How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team that is solving a significant problem through innovative technology? Would you like to know more about how we are envisioning the use of data analytics, machine learning, AI and linear programming to solve these problems? If this sounds intriguing, then we'd like to talk to you about a role on a new Amazon team that's tackling a set of problems requiring significant innovation and scaling.
We are seeking a Data Engineer with strong analytical, communication and project management skills to join our team. This role will be a key member of a Science and Data technology team based in Seattle, WA. Working closely with business stakeholders, software development engineers and scientist colleagues, you will design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art solutions for never-before-solved problems, helping Amazon Device to provide customer great products and keep the data secure. You will work with the most complicated data environment, employ right architecture to handle big data and support various analytics use cases, including business reporting, production data pipeline, machine learning, optimization models, statistical models, simulation, etc. Your work will have a direct impact on the day-to-day decision making in the Amazon Devices Sales & Operations Technology, and end customers.
You are an individual with outstanding analytical abilities, excellent communication skills, good business understanding, and technically savvy. The successful candidate will be an analytical problem solver who enjoys diving into data, is excited about solving ambiguity problems, can multi-task, and can credibly interface between technical teams and business stakeholders.
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering or technical field such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar.
• 5+ years of experience with data warehouse technical architectures, ETL/ ELT, reporting/analytic tools and, scripting.
• 5+ years of demonstrated quantitative and qualitative data experience with data modeling, ETL development
• Knowledge of data modeling and experience SQL with Redshift, Oracle, MySQL, and Columnar Databases
• Experience managing competing priorities simultaneously and driving projects to completion
• Desire to create and maintain data warehouse systems
• Experience with big data technologies
• Master's degree in an engineering or technical field such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, or Engineering
• Experience with AWS services including S3, Lambda, EMR, RDS, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies
• Experience with scripting (Python experience is a strong plus).
• Proficient in the composition of Advanced SQL (analytical functions) and query performance tuning skills
• Ability to interact, communicate, present and influence with both business and technical teams
• A self-starter who loves data and who enjoys spotting the trends in it!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top