Senior Data Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Are you ready to change Prime? Join our team of data professionals!
Are you somebody that likes to use big data to drive business decisions? Do you enjoy building data applications used worldwide by business leaders? Do you want to be part of the data team which measures the pulse of Prime and drives change? If your answer is yes, join our team. We are the analytical arm of Prime globally. We work with country leaders, product managers, marketing and finance to ensure Prime remains one of the most loved membership programs.
What is Prime? It's a membership program including over 150 million members in more than 18 countries. Prime offers some of the best shopping and entertainment experiences with Amazon. Prime members enjoy Prime FREE One-Day Shipping and Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery in more than 8,000 cities and towns, two-hour delivery with Prime Now in more than 30 major cities and unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 100 million items. In addition, in the U.S., members enjoy unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV entertainment with Prime Video; unlimited access to Prime Music, Prime Reading, Amazon Photos, Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals, Whole Foods Market discounts and more.
As part of the global Prime Analytics team, we build scalable data solutions to enable insight generation in addition to providing analytical support for flagship initiatives within Amazon. Example data solutions include 1) campaign analyzer, a tool which allows business leaders to A/B test product launches and marketing campaigns and 2) variance analyzer, a tool which enables country leaders to examine the movement of any business KPI along multiple dimensions and determine rate/mix effects. Recent analytical projects include impact measurement of 1 day shipping introduction, analysis of nation-wide brand campaigns and investigation of usage patterns to recommend products and campaigns to increase customer satisfaction.
As an experienced Data Engineer in this team, you will collaborate closely with country leaders and product managers to build interactive data applications and scale existing systems to support Prime analytical needs as we expand into new markets and benefit offerings. Your work will directly influence how each country manages the Prime business, how we measure success and what products we launch. You will also research and introduce new technologies within the team and train fellow engineers to elevate overall team capabilities. As a successful candidate, you will be a builder, a student and a teacher experimenting with complex data sets and cutting edge technologies to solve high priority business needs.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Scala, Java, C# or Python.
• Proficiency in manipulating big data and building analytical solutions
• SQL/ETL expertise
• 5+ years of relevant work experience
• MS in a technical or business field
• 7+ years of progressively responsible work experience
• Experience building interactive, scalable data solutions
• Experience in building large scale distributed data processing pipelines
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience with AWS technologies including Cradle, EMR, Spark, S3 etc.
• Ability to deal well with ambiguity
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Demonstrated ability to drive operational excellence and best practices.
• Excellence in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical cohorts
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top