Senior Data Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Fashion Data Engineering team is looking for an experienced, self-driven, analytical, and strategic Data Engineer. In this role, you will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments. You should be passionate about working with huge datasets, passionate to work on real time streaming, search analytics and be someone who loves to bring data together and work on innovative Data Engineering solutions to answer business questions. You should have deep expertise in creation and management of datasets and the proven ability to translate the data into meaningful insights through collaboration with Business Intelligence Engineers (BIEs) and Data Scientists. In this role, you will have ownership of end-to-end development of data engineering solutions to complex questions and you'll play an integral role in strategic decision-making.
The right candidate will possess excellent business and communication skills, be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions and be able to collaborate with BIEs and Data Scientists to analyze data that will answer those questions. You should have a solid understanding of how to build efficient and scalable data infrastructure and data models, and the desire to learn and implement Elastic MapReduce (EMR)-based solutions where appropriate.
• Owning the design, operations and improvements for the Organizations Datawarehouse infrastructure
• Engineering solutions to aggregate and automate large scale data flows from varying sources
• Collaborate with Engineers and Scientists in the organization to construct complex data sources for algorithms and machine learning models
• Explore and learn the latest AWS technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency
• Build real time streaming from internal and external sources to provide insights to the business
• Build, analyze and present actionable data to drive marketing business development and product management decisions
• Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a related technical discipline
• 10+ years of industry experience in data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets
• Knowledge of batch and streaming data architectures
• Experience with AWS technologies including Redshift, RDS, S3, EMR, EML or similar solutions built around Hive/Spark etc.
• Experience communicating with senior management as well as with colleagues from engineering, analytics, and business backgrounds.
• Exceptional written communication skills
• Experience using big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Spark etc.)
• Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
• Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
• Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
• Proficiency in Python or other similar languages.
• Masters in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or other quantitative fields.
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Excellent knowledge of Advanced SQL working with large data sets.
• Knowledge of Advanced Statistics and implementing ML models.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior team members in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets
• Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strateg
• Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
• Strong business acumen, proven ability to influence others, strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects
Back to top